6.9

2015 Subaru Forester accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru Forester:

2015 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Aug 032016

Forester

Vehicle may accelerate on its own. Stopped at stop sign and vehicle accelerated hard after removing foot from brake. Had to reapply brakes hard to stop car and maintain control. Luckily there was no traffic. As I ended up a lane further than were I intended..

- Lead, SD, USA

Apr 282016

Forester

Windshield problem on new vehicle. Within the first 12 months of ownership, the windshield has cracked on 3 (three) separate occassions to the point of having to be replaced with Subaru genuine glass. The vehicle was in motion on a highway when the damage occurred. The damage was due to unknown road debris (gravel/rock), but instead of dings in the windshield, the glass automatically cracked and resulted in unsafe driving conditions. The windshield was replaced on all 3 occasions with Subaru genuine glass. Is there a windshield design flaw on the Subaru Forester limited" it the design flaw and windshield breakage due to the heating element? what is causing the weakness in the windshield of the 2015 Subaru Forester limited" windshield breakage incidents: 1. June 2015 - in motion on highway @60 miles 2. 12/28/2015 - in motion on highway @60 miles 3. 04/28/2016 - in motion on highway @60 miles

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Feb 182016

Forester

My wife was driving to work, about 35mph on a paved road. Several electrical items suddenly failed, all at the same time - wipers, windshield washer, heater fan, turn signals all would not work. When she stopped the car, turned off the ignition, and turned it back on, the electrical system worked again. I am taking it in for warranty service at ganley Subaru, wickliffe, Ohio.

- Orange Village, OH, USA

Jan 202016

Forester

This is my first winter owning a suburu Forester and most of the time it is stored in our garage. We live in wny and some times have to park it outside. On 3 different occasions, the SUV was parked outdoors in temperatures less than 25 degrees and all the windows froze over on the inside. For those times it was parked 3 hours outdoors and it took us 15-20 minutes to defrost the windows before we could drive. A couple of times we ran into stores and in less than 15 minutes the interior of the windows began to freeze. This week we had a service call at our local suburu dealer and the service manager told us he was aware of the issue but suburu has given them no solutions. He told me to try lowering a window while parked in the garage overnight to try to get the moisture out. It appears this model is overly air tight and this design flaw has not been addressed. Since it is always cold during the winter months the prospects of this continuing to happen will result it me buying a different make vehicle next time around.

- Dunkirk, NY, USA

Mar 182015

Forester

My new 2015 Subaru Forester with about 3,000 miles on it developed a long crack from the center top of the windsheild caused by what looked like an insignificanlty small pebble. The impact was barely noticible. I was going about 45 miles an hour. After inspecting the windsheild, I noticed a super tiny pit where a miniscule pebble must have hit the window. In the morning the tiny pit turned into a full on crack extending half way down then curving midway towards the driver side. I have an extended warranty with my insurance and they replaced it. It would have cost me $625. I paid the $50 deductible. The dealer would not cover the windsheild. It was replaced with an oem Subaru windsheild. This was highly irregular. Never in all my years of driving has a small pebble, the pit size of a millimeter caused this kind of damage. I thought it must be a fluke until it happened again last night while driving home on the freeway. I heard a pop and then another pop. It sounded like it came from under my car. Soon I saw a crack coming right down the middle of my windsheild. After inspecting it this morning, it was caused by another super tiny pebble as there is a small pit less than a millimeter in size at the middle top of my windsheild. 2 windsheilds in 7 months! this is riduclous. This quality of the windsheild is substandard to not handle the impact of tiny pebbles. In all my years of driving many types of vehicles with windsheilds hit but much larger rocks has this type of problem occured. This is a huge saftey concern. This needs to be investigated.

- Newbury Park, CA, USA

Aug 012015

Forester

On the highway during a road trip, a tiny rock hit my windshield and cracked part of it. Over the course of the next 24 hours the crack grew in two directions rapidly. This forced me to have to get a complete windshield replacement only 1 month after purchasing the brand new vehicle. Looking online, this sounds like a very widespread issue with Subaru windshields that are easily cracked.

- Prairie Village, KS, USA

Jun 022015

Forester

6/2/15 morning I drove my 2015 Subaru Forester to work. The windshield was not hit by a rock or anything else, there was no crack or damage on the windshield. I parked it in the company's parking lot at 7 am. In the afternoon when I was ready to go home at 4 pm, I found a long crack on the windshield. It was too large to repair and it must be replaced. I have heated windshield with eyesight cameras, it would cost under $500 to replace the windshield. Vehicle is less than 6,000 miles and less than 6 months old, and I've got a cracked windshield before its first oil change.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Jul 012014

Forester

The contact owns a 2015 Subaru Forester. While driving approximately 65 mph, a popping noise was heard from the front windshield before the glass began to crack. The crack was located on the driver side in front of the steering wheel and extended upwards approximately 4 inches before extending to the center of the windshield. The windshield was replaced, but the failure also occurred on the replacement window. Since obtaining the vehicle, the front windshield had been replaced three times for the same failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 4,000.

- Glen Allen, VA, USA

Jun 132014

Forester

Bought car in anchorage and windshield cracked on way back to my father's home in fairbanks. Dealership reported no known problems with Subaru windshields, (which isn't apparently accurate). As of now, I'm living in Colorado and there are a million cracks in the windshield (a slight exaggeration). I'm hesitant to replace it, if it's merely going to start the process of cracking windshields all over again. Windshields are not cheap to replace.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA