2015 Subaru Forester brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru Forester:

2015 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Within the last year, I have experienced on three separate occasions, instances where the warning lights for various safety systems on my 2015 Subaru Forester will come on, indicating that the system has been disabled due to a malfunction. These lights always come on while driving, within 15 minutes of the car being started. The first two instances related to my air bags being turned off. When brought to a dealership, they had no explanation, and desired $70 to do an electrical assessment. When I brought it in for that, I was told that the car would have to be displaying the light at the time I brought it in, which the indicator light had turned off in between visits. Today, my ABS, traction control, and incline assustance lights came on, indicating that those systems were disabled due to a malfunction. I brought it to my dealer, who told me that the air pressure in the tires was responsible, which ranged from 28lbs to 35 lbs. I had my car serviced at said dealership 2 months ago and the pressure was 35 lbs each. It was suggested to me that the cause of this discrepancy was "parking my car in the sun." Both computer-related problems apparently didn't leave a code to be read, according to the dealership. Any information was wiped when the car was turned off.

- Corvallis, OR, USA

Dec 032015

7 months old, 20,000 miles. Driving 65.6 mph, in light rain with cruise control on. 1st time driving in bad weather, noticed wind or flat tires causing sometimes side shaking. Stopped to check tires. Noticed no wind nor low tires pressure. Continued on. Had used cruise control on and off, and turning on and off the traction switch to find a pattern for the iradic driving. Could not id a cause. Continued driving. Car took a sudden jerk to the left, knew we were going to crash and could not turn steering wheel. 'crash'. we slid 40 feet down the center divide. The front wheels were still pointed straight ahead. The air bags did not deploy. We were lucky. The rear wheels had 'excessive wear', front wheels were in good condition. When the car was torn apart, the main pully had a 1" ding and the fan belt was knocked off the main pully and partically of the 2nd pully. The belt was on all the other pullies.. I believe the traction device malfunctioned when I was in cruise control, the left front wheel hydroplaned. And the brake was applied sending me into a out of control crash, that I could not steer out of. Subaru of America said wet payment, high speed and excessive wear on rear tires caused the accident. They documented the speed and wear of rear tires. Rain was very light, a drizzle. Highway was straight and light traffic. No debre on the highway.

- Shingletown, CA, USA

Dec 012015

While starting the car with only 2.2K miles the check engine light came on and disabled the vehicle dynamics control, the cruise control and the incline start assist leaving the vehicle without important safety features in bad weather conditions.

- Malverne, NY, USA