2015 Subaru Forester steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Subaru Forester:

2015 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Mar 212016

Forester

What has been happening is I will be driving down the road (does not matter how fast I am going) and all of a sudden all the lights come on and I lose acceleration and control of vehicle. Each time it has been towed to Subaru they cannot recreate the problem so it cannot be fixed. This last time I was on a very busy road going about 55 mph and all of a sudden again my check engine lights etc came on and I lost acceleration and power. I quickly checked my rearview mirror to make sure no one was too close behind me. It was very scary and I was able to coast and abruptly turn into an enterprise rental. I was lucky I was not hit from behind or have my kids in car. This last time too when the tow truck arrived the car would not turn on. I am now completely uncomfortable driving a car that consistently has had the same issue that no one can fix.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Apr 172015

Forester

Vehicle suddenly and unexpectedly accelerated while driver was parking while applying brakes. Vehicle hit house and porch, shearing off the gas meter where it meets the underground line. Eyesight object detection system did not stop the vehicle.

- Apollo, PA, USA

Dec 032015

Forester

7 months old, 20,000 miles. Driving 65.6 mph, in light rain with cruise control on. 1st time driving in bad weather, noticed wind or flat tires causing sometimes side shaking. Stopped to check tires. Noticed no wind nor low tires pressure. Continued on. Had used cruise control on and off, and turning on and off the traction switch to find a pattern for the iradic driving. Could not id a cause. Continued driving. Car took a sudden jerk to the left, knew we were going to crash and could not turn steering wheel. 'crash'. we slid 40 feet down the center divide. The front wheels were still pointed straight ahead. The air bags did not deploy. We were lucky. The rear wheels had 'excessive wear', front wheels were in good condition. When the car was torn apart, the main pully had a 1" ding and the fan belt was knocked off the main pully and partically of the 2nd pully. The belt was on all the other pullies.. I believe the traction device malfunctioned when I was in cruise control, the left front wheel hydroplaned. And the brake was applied sending me into a out of control crash, that I could not steer out of. Subaru of America said wet payment, high speed and excessive wear on rear tires caused the accident. They documented the speed and wear of rear tires. Rain was very light, a drizzle. Highway was straight and light traffic. No debre on the highway.

- Shingletown, CA, USA