2016 Subaru Forester steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Subaru Forester:

2016 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Dec 252016

Forester

While traveling at speeds above 25 mph in mild to moderate winter conditions, the rear end is fishtailing and pushing the front of the vehicle in an unsafe manner. My family and I were nearly thrown into a ditch several times in a 2 mile Excursion on the interstate on christmas day. Even at very low speeds, the steering is unresponsive to the force that feels like it is coming from the rear end. The maximum speed at which we could keep the vehicle somewhat under control was around 25-30 mph which caused us to be another type hazard on the interstate. During city driving, this vehicle is unable to maintain single lane presence in mild to moderate winter conditions. Tire pressure was equal on all 4 wheels. Vehicle was within alignment specs. The dealer has acknowledged there is a problem (4 other cars in the same dealership with the same issue) and states that they are unable to make a diagnosis. They have had my car in their possession for 3 weeks as it is unsafe to operate. The Subaru corporate representative has suggested that we "try" several proposed solutions (to a problem which they cannot identify) and continue to drive the vehicle to determine if the problem is fixed. I do not feel safe in this vehicle. It is extremely irresponsible for Subaru to insist that my family and I be used as an experiment in an attempt to figure out why their product put me and my family in grave danger.

- Butte, MT, USA

Jul 142016

Forester

We got our 2016 Subaru Forester premium 2.5I from bay ridge dealer in brooklyn on June 7,2016.

- Broooklyn, NY, USA

Dec 132015

Forester

The car was being driven in a residential area. The driver stopped to make a U-turn then slowly started to take her foot off the brake while moving the steering wheel to the left when the car suddenly accelerated to the right (opposite direction). The driver lost control of the vehicle and the vehicle stopped only after colliding into a street pole.

- Glendale, CA, USA