1.9

2005 Subaru Impreza brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Subaru Impreza:

2005 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Jan 042015

Impreza

As I was about to take my 17 year old son out for a driving lesson. The right rear brake line blew as we were leaving our driveway. Thankfully we were not going fast and had enough braking to stop at which point I took over and used the parking brake to get the vehicle back to our house. After further inspection I discovered the right rear break line corroded and leaking as it exits the internal frame of the vehicle just prior to a junction in front of the rear wheel. After doing some research and visiting the danbury Subaru service department I found out that many Subaru vehicles are being recalled for a similar reason. Unfortunately my '05 Impreza is not on the recall list even though the active recall describes my vehicles problem exactly. In fact this car was registered in vt it's whole life up until recently when I purchased it and registered it in ct. I believe this car should be included in the recall. A car that is 10 years old with only 86K miles should not have the brake lines breaking.

- Sandy Hook, CT, USA