2008 Subaru Impreza electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Subaru Impreza:

2008 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Jan 212010

Vehicle check engine light, stability control assist, and cruise control light come on all at the same time rendering those system useful. Also sometimes the hill start assist and ABS light come on rendering those unavailable as well. Making the vehicle not as secured as advertised. It started in 2010 took it to the dealership and they just erased the codes, but the problem continued, still happening today.

- Junction City, KS, USA

Jul 012014

Impreza 4-cyl

According to the dealership the catalytic converter in my 2008 Subaru Impreza has prematurely failed. The vehicles check engine light came on and the car went into "limp" mode while driving, in conjunction with the check engine light my vehicle has been experiencing very poor gas mileage for the last month. The dealership has quoted me over $2000 for the repair of my car. It was brought to my attention that several other same model year Subaru's have recalls due to the catalytic converter not performing to emission standards. Some of these cars have the exact catalytic converter part number as my car, I do not understand why car would not be recalled also.

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 152012

Impreza 4-cyl

I was out all morning running errands. I came home from about 4 hours of doing the run around. At 12:25 pm I got home, took my babies out of the car and put them down for a nap. I went out about 40 mins later to the car and the key fobs were not working so I then went to unlock the driver door with the key and when I opened it black smoke started rolling out. I then called 911 and reported the fire. The fire itself was out but the inside of the car all under the driver seat was burned up. The fire department started going threw the car and said they are claiming it as electrical. I reported it to my insurance company and now they are investigated it as well. The car was totaled out by the insurance company since there was so much damage to the inside.

- Cameron, NC, USA

Apr 012010

High beams fail, vehicle has not been repaired. Dealer states unsure what problem is, after 1 hour charge of diagnostics, sent me on my way.

- Oconomowoc, WI, USA

Jan 112009

Car was parked and locked in my driveway.the horn started blaring and headlights came on. Not car alarm. Interior was filled with smoke. Called fire department then tried to open car with remote to extinguish fire. Had to use key to unlock door. Fire origionated from guages/dash area on drivers side. There were several explosions from car as it burned. Horn continued to blare after fire department extinguished fire. Fire fighters then pried into hood and cut battery cables before horn stopped blaring. Total loss of vehicle.

- Chandler, AZ, USA