2010 Subaru Impreza seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Subaru Impreza:

2010 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

May 252016

Impreza

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Subaru Impreza. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V358000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Kenwood, CA, USA

Oct 182013

Impreza

I was going on 60 and crashed on median by front part, and flipped over by side from reaction of crash. I weight 115 pound and 5'4''. I broke my bone even though I was wearing seat belt. I had to be at hospital all day to get my brain damage check and bunch of xrays and ct scans because accident was so big. Every single doctors told me I was lucky I survived from that accident. I paralyzed for approximately 6 hours after accident. My car have big frontal damage that is considered as totaled. I and every single people thinks and wonder howcome my airbag did not work at this time? it should of deploy. Also I always got checked and repaired my car from Subaru bodyshop. And I bought this vehicle as new. I am thinking to sue Subaru for selling my car with mechanical defect.

- Toledo , OH, USA

Aug 052012

Impreza

The passenger side airbag on my 2010 Subaru Impreza is intermittently disabled, even with a 125 pound adult occupying the seat. Shifting your weight in the seat may enable the airbag, but it will usually become disabled again while driving. This seems like a potential safety hazard and is very concerning. I've seen similar complaints on different websites; is Subaru considering a recall or does someone have to get injured first?

- North Canton, OH, USA

Jan 022013

Impreza

The contact owns a 2010 Subaru Impreza. The contact was driving approximately 10 mph when the front passenger's side air bag off indicator illuminated. The failure occurred whether the passenger's seat was occupied or not. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who advised that the front passenger's weight capacity requirement was 69 pounds and the body must be centered correctly in the seat in order for the air bag to function as designed. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 43,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Pensacola, FL, USA