2011 Subaru Impreza electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Impreza:

2011 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Mar 192016

The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Impreza. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle lost power without warning. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 78,000.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Nov 282011

Purchased vehicle brand new no 9, 2011. With is a few weeks, several of the dashboard lights came on (check engine, traction control, flashing cruise control) rendering the cruise control and the traction control disabled. Called dealer and they told me to bring vehicle in. When I brought vehicle in the first time, the lights were off and they informed me there was nothing they could do without the lights being one. Within a few weeks the lights came back on and remained on. Brought vehicle for oil change and to have codes pulled Jan 12. Was told they couldn't confirm what the issue was. Reset lights and told me to bring it back if the lights came on, and leave it for a few days so they could figure it out. Lights came on with in a few weeks and remained on. Brought it in Saturday March 17 - all lights were on. Was informed there was a possible consumption issue as my oil was at least 2 quarts low. Left car there and left in rental car. On Tuesday March 20, service manager calls me and tells me 'Subaru has determined there is no cause and thus no resolution to the issue' and that I should pick up the vehicle and begin documenting when the lights come on again. This is absolutely unacceptable. To inform a consumer there is no solution to a mechanical issue is deplorable. If my car is burning oil at an abnormally fast rate, continuing to drive the vehicle is not only potentially harmful to myself, but to my engine and vehicle. The car was brand new, and this issue has presented for several months, beginning only weeks after it was purchased.

- Boston, MA, USA

Oct 222010

I receive my new swp sti with 7 miles on the odometer. Right of the bat not a great taste in my mouth. Didn't get a great deal, finance room had some shady stuff going on. Whatever though, I have my new sti I'm happy enough! around 500 miles my car, I'm on the freeway in the left lane going about 75 and the throttle vanishes. The car goes in to failsafe mode and won't go faster than 40 miles an hour, in houston, in the left lane, with no shoulder. I'm terrified, but I manage to limp it to a parking lot. They call me later in the work day to tell me it was a throttle relay or something and they've fixed it. They want to drive it 30 miles (!!!!!!!!!!!!) to make sure it's fixed. I, of course say no, and that I would like to drive my new car not some random stranger all the time. Driving on the beltway 2 days later, the same damn thing happens again. Losing 35 mph of speed.

- Richmond, TX, USA