2011 Subaru Impreza fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Subaru Impreza:

2011 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Jul 232014

3 times this month had to take my Subaru to dealer because my car was not accepting gas in the tank. It would squirt every gallon back at me each incident that this occurred. I had to suffer severe eye burns twice due too the gasoline hitting me directly in the face. Thank god a fire did not start. Now I have to take to the dealer again because problem still not solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 302013

Impreza 4-cyl

This is a 2011 WRX wagon. The clutch had begun to slip a little bit a few days earlier, with some slight revving. I was going up a hill on a narrow road, at night, in the rain. There was no shoulder and no street lights. The clutch suddenly gave way and the motor would no longer move the car. I allowed the car to roll back enough to get as close to the side of the road as possible. The first time the clutch gave way was about 18 months earlier, 6 months after purchasing the new car. The clutch is defective on these cars. I have only driven manual cars for 30 years, and had 2 go to over 100,000 miles on the same clutch. This could be a very dangerous problem on a highway. I called the police to "protect" me from oncoming traffic. I now want to trade in my car for a safer and more dependable vehicle.

- Morristown, NJ, USA