2012 Subaru Impreza engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Subaru Impreza:

2012 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 132013

The contact owns a 2012 Subaru Impreza. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, there was a knocking noise coming from the vehicle. The contact also saw oil leaking from under the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who stated that there was a rod loose in cylinder four. The engine was replaced. The failure was reported to the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 21,000. The current mileage was 21,100.

- Orinda , CA, USA

May 282013

Impreza 4-cyl

Followed too closely through a double intersection with a non-functioning light. Police officer directed traffic through the intersection but apparently we had to stop before the second intersection. Apparently I slowed down enough that the airbag did not deploy. I indicated 20 but surely my airbag would have deployed at that speed. Was able to drive the car under its own power off the road into a subway parking lot. As I was maneuvering into a parking spot the engine caught on fire. It seems strange to me that if I was going slow enough for the airbag not to deploy but for some components to catch on fire that the car is road worthy. Worth looking into?

- Washington, MI, USA

Aug 192012

I purchased my 2012 Subaru Impreza sport premium on 12/24/2011. It had less than 100 miles when purchased from the dealer. At 1200 miles, the oil light came on. I checked the oil level and it was very low. I called broadway Subaru in oakland, ca about the problem. I explained, how can a brand new car have low oil" they said this is common and to add oil. Added oil and the light went off. Today, the light appeared again at 5560 miles. Oil again is low but within normal levels. I called broadway Subaru and told them the problem. Again, the guy explained this is normal for all cars to burn oil, whether it's an american car, Japanese, or anything else. Is he serious" I Honda for close to 20 years and never ever did an oil light come on, let alone on a new engine which is not due for its first oil change until 7500 miles. I made an appt for 8/24/2012.

- Hayward, CA, USA