2013 Subaru Impreza engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Subaru Impreza:

2013 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Oct 082015

While on the brake pedal, the vehicle accelerated. This happened on two separate occasions; both while my foot was on the brake pedal. The first time this happened, I was on my brake at a red light (stationary) and the second time, after I went over a small "lip" on the asphalt, I was braking to park in front of a house when it accelerated substantially, causing extensive damage to the house and car, while almost killing me.

- Wayne, NJ, USA

Feb 282014

The contact owns a 2013 Subaru Impreza. The contact stated that while driving 4 mph in reverse, the vehicle rapidly accelerated in reverse. The contact was unable to stop the vehicle, as it proceeded to crash into a boulder followed by a tree. The rear bumper was damaged however, there were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The contact stated that the failure occurred twice, initially in November 2013 and again in February 2014 while in reverse. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance with repairing the vehicle. The failure mileage was 6,300 and the current mileage was 7,000.

- Croton-On-Hudson, NY, USA

May 042013

Impreza 4-cyl

We were pulling into a parking place, turning the wheel and the car unexpected leaped forward. This has occurred now 5 times--all times moving slowly forward, turning the wheel as we tried to park. This has occurred with both my partner driving, and with myself driving. So far we have managed to slam on the brakes in time--and they stopped the car. But we fear crashing or accidentally hurting someone.

- Bronxville, NY, USA