2013 Subaru Impreza miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Subaru Impreza:

2013 Subaru Impreza Owner Comments

Jan 152015

Driving at low speed and hit a small bump in very cold weather (5F). Windshield made a popping sound. The car was parked a week later when the windshield developed a spontaneous crack along the drivers side frame. There was absolutely no impact. This is a serious safety and manufacturing issue that needs to be addressed. Other folks are reporting a similar issue with these vehicles.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Sep 052014

December 19, 2013, I purchased a Subaru Impreza from koeppel Subaru in long island city, N.Y. the dealership told me the car was "brand new" and used only for test drives. After 5 months of driving the car, the car began to have problems to start. Putting the key in the ignition, there was no response. The car door had to be opened manually. The airbag warning light on the passenger side would not go off regardless of the seat being empty or occupied. Someone gave me a "boost" which started the car. I was able to drive and then parked the car. I went on vacation for two weeks. After the car being unused for two weeks, again the car would not start. I informed the dealership of this problem and was advised by them to have the car towed to any Subaru dealership for repair. The car was towed to bayridge Subaru which evaluated the car and said that the car had a dead cell in the battery. Subaru dealers were informed in April of 2013 that Impreza had a defect which cause electrical problems in the car leading to the battery dying and engine problems. Koeppel Subaru did not inform me of this recall before I purchased the car in December of 2013. They also did not inform me that the car was previously corporate owned. I believe that koeppel should have informed me about the recall as well as the fact that it was used as a "loaner" before I purchased the car. I believe koeppel Subaru committed consumer fraud by not informing me of the recall and the car's history before purchase. I do not feel safe driving the car and simply want a refund of my down payment ($5,000) and car payments made up to current date. Koepell Subaru should be investigated for their practices in selling used cars. I refuse to pay bayridge Subaru $35/day for storage of this unsafe car. Koeppel Subaru is in violation of consumer protection law.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA