6.5

2016 Subaru WRX miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Subaru WRX:

2016 Subaru WRX Owner Comments

Oct 282016

WRX

The bluetooth system has a defect. The first time a phone is connected, the connection works. If that phone is deleted from the Subaru's system, an attempt to reconnect fails. I have tried this with an iphone 5, iphone 6, and blackberry. The service rep at the dealer also confirms the re-connect problem. This means that hands-free calling is impossible, creating a potential safety hazzard for drivers who insist on using the phone even when the bluetooth function is not available. Subaru, to whom I have reported the problem, claims it is a defect with the phones, even though the dealer and I have replicated the problem with no less than 4 different phones.

- Potomac Falls, VA, USA

Mar 302016

WRX

I was driving my 2016 Subaru WRX down a main road at about 11pm. I was in 3rd gear going 30mph driving straight when the car suddenly came to a grinding halt. I did not apply the brakes and since I was already moving forward in 3rd, the clutch was not pressed. The engine was still on once the car stopped as if nothing had happened at all, and the car stopped still centered in the lane and facing the correct direction 1/4-1/2 a block from when it stopped itself while I was still driving it. I have no idea if the brake lights even came to potentially warn other cars that it was suddenly stopping. I pulled off to the side of the road, turned off the car completely and then restarted it and drove straight home. Less than 24 hours later, the same thing happened again on a different road around 5:30pm. I was driving in 2nd hear going about 12 or 13mph in traffic when the car suddenly stopped without any speed changes or pedal movements. Again, the car stopped centered in the lane with the engine still on and no indication that anything had happened at all. I pulled off to the side of the road and restarted the car.

- Washington, DC, USA