NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: Belts And Associated Pulleys Problems

4.2

2006 Suzuki Aerio engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Suzuki Aerio:

2006 Suzuki Aerio Owner Comments

Apr 042008

Aerio 4-cyl

About 1-1-1/2 months ago a squeal developed on the right side of the engine of our 2006 Suzuki - currently at 29,000+ miles. My husband took the vehicle to the dealer who sold us the car and an examination was done. The mechanic said the serpentine belt was glazed and that it was not under warranty. He said the belt could be tightened by removing a panel. If it was the pulley that was defective it would be replaced and we could buy the belts at that time from the dealer for replacement. He indicated to my husband that it would be about $155-$165 to have the belts replaced. When asked what other customers did, he said they had the belts replaced or they just "lived with" the squealing. I have frankly never had a car that has had belt issues, and clearly this has happened to other customers, so young in the mileage life of my vehicle.

- Powell Butte, OR, USA