NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition Problems

2005 Suzuki Forenza electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Suzuki Forenza:

2005 Suzuki Forenza Owner Comments

Sep 012005

Forenza 4-cyl

Ever since I bought my 2005 Suzuki Forenza wagon, I have had problems with it starting. I would turn the key and the engine would sound like it was going to start, but I would then have to turn the all the way to the off position to restart and then it would finally turn over. I have brought my car in three different times to the dealership where I purchased it and they say nothing is wrong with it. Obviously there is. They try to say it is from the cold or something else and they claim they "have done all they can do and that nothing is wrong with it." It has had this problem in summer, fall, winter, and spring. It even happened in AZ in September when it was 110 degrees. My warranty is up in June and I need to have this corrected before then. I also maintain my car very well, so that isn't the problem either.

- Eau Claire, WI, USA