NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

2006 Suzuki Forenza brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Suzuki Forenza:

2006 Suzuki Forenza Owner Comments

Apr 092013

Forenza 4-cyl

The brake calipers stuck on the front and rear of the car catching the front wheels on fire. This all caused the car to stop suddenly on a major highway. I was able to get off the roadway safely. It turns out the brake hose lines collapsed inside causing the calipers to lock up. I had to replace the entire brake system.

- New Market, MD, USA

Dec 312012

Forenza 4-cyl

I slowed down to turn off of a busy street onto a side street. As I went to speed up to about 15-20 mph the car slammed on the brakes itself, my foot was on the gas. I put my foot on the brake for 20 seconds and then put my foot on the gas to try to drive again. The car again slammed on the brakes. I put my foot on the brake, put car in park and turned off the car. I turned it back on and was able to drive to a safe spot. I am terrified to drive it again. What if I had still been on the main road?

- Chicago, IL, USA