NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara (Page 1 of 2)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara:

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 012007

Grand Vitara

Starting at about 30,000 miles, the car began blowing low beam/driving light bulbs every 3 to 5 months. Sometimes the driver-side, sometimes the passenger side, sometimes both. The blown bulbs seem to blow out during the daytime, when they are acting as daytime running lights, but aren't noticed until night. The date below is the approximate date of the first occurrence.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Oct 162012

Grand Vitara 4WD 6-cyl

I have a 2006 Suzuki Grand vitara. I have changed the driver's side low beam bulb four times and the passenger's side two times. I recently replaced the fan motor twice and the resistor once. I had to replaced the erg after my check engine light came on. Now they are saying there is exhaust in my coolant system. The only part the warranty cover was one fan motor.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Feb 022009

Grand Vitara 6-cyl

The headlights have intermittently gone out since 2009. I replaced the bulbs twice before I realized the bulbs were good, but the socket was bad. Sometimes they work. Sometimes they don't. they have also gotten extremely dim. My husband was following behind me at night in our Suzuki and I had to tell him to turn on his high beams because one headlight was out and the other was barely visible. The high beams weren't as bright as high beams should be. It simply looked as if he had high intensity bulbs or hid bulbs.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 152007

Grand Vitara

Headlight bulbs consistently fail. I have replaced bulbs 6 times over the lifetime of this vehicle. I live in a dark lighted area if my beams fail I may indeed crash into oncoming traffic or side woods. I have been using only highbeams due to the incidents. Pulled away clip it is melted replaced once.

- Spartanburg, SC, USA

Jun 062007

Grand Vitara

The contact owns a 2006 Suzuki Grand vitara. The contact stated that the headlights failed. The headlights were replaced but the failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis. The technician was unable to locate a failure. The vehicle has not been repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 159,000.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA

Jan 012012

Grand Vitara 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Suzuki Grand vitara. The contact stated that the headlight low beams failed. The contact mentioned that the low beam bulbs were replaced six times but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000. Updated 10/8/14

- Palm Desert , CA, USA

Feb 122008

Grand Vitara 4WD 6-cyl

Head lights burn out every 4 months defective headlight system.

- Astoria, NY, USA

Nov 072013

Grand Vitara 4WD 6-cyl

I lost both my headlights at the same time. The fog lights automatically came on, but by the next morning I had neither. Fog lights finally returned. Every time I hit a bump in the road the interior lights come on and off. I have to make sure when I exit my car the interior light goes off as I have had to turn it off manually as not to run my battery down. I received a recall notice regarding air bag and electrical but I feel there is more going on in the electrical. It cost me over a $100 last time for the headlights.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Jul 042013

Grand Vitara 6-cyl

Have had to replace headlights numerous times due to them burning out. Have checked socket connection and found that there the plastic surrounding the metal clip is melting. Contacted the dealer and they said no recall has been issued but they will replaced for price. Then contacted Suzuki spoke to a very rude women who looked up Grand vitara and said they have not received any complaints about headlight problem and when I said that there were online complaints she said do not believe what is online.

- Pittsburgh , PA, USA

Jul 152009

Grand Vitara 6-cyl

I have had to replace the low beam halogen 6 times (4 driver-side; 2 passenger-side) prior to 2013. Now the low beams will have had to be replaced 8 times due to both bulbs dying after rolling over 2 speed bumps in a parking lot. Nearly caused several low-speed accidents when other drivers were backing their cars out. At least the high beams and fog lights have been flawless. Repairpal: "there are many reports of low beam head light bulbs burning out prematurely. As of this writing Suzuki has not released a service bulletin addressing this issue..."

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 172009

Grand Vitara 6-cyl

Having to replace my headlamp bulbs every few months. Driver's side and then passenger side back and forth back and forth since 2009. This is completely ridiculous and apparently there is an issue with the manufacturing Suzuki!!!! give ear to these complaints and do the right thing and take heed and action please.

- Selma, TX, USA

Apr 042013

Grand Vitara

Headlights constantly burn out. I have to change the low beams every couple of months and I am beyond tired of it. Suzuki knows that this is an issue, but refuses to issue a recall to fix it. I will never buy another Suzuki vehicle again. They aren't even selling them in the us, so I guess I won't have to worry about getting another one.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Apr 232013

Grand Vitara

Low beam head light burns out constantly ~4 months. Replaced them at least 8 times since purchased new.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Jan 182012

Grand Vitara

The contact owns a 2006 Suzuki Grand vitara. The contact stated that both the driver and passenger side headlights continued to malfunction and both headlights were replaced at least ten times. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer for a diagnostic testing. The dealer stated that they could not find an issue with the headlight unit. The contact also stated that the blower to the defroster also malfunctioned. The failure mileage was 110,000.

- Cornelius, NC, USA

Feb 112009

Grand Vitara

The contact owns a 2006 Suzuki Grand vitara. The contact stated that the headlights failed and did not reactivate even after multiple attempts. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where the contact was informed that the headlights needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Kings Mountain, NC, USA

Apr 022012

Grand Vitara

We have had severe headlight issues with this 2006 Suzuki Grand vitara since we purchased it. The wiring harness for the headlights continue to melt even after being replaced 3 times! the dealership or Suzuki motors have been of any help and offer zero assistance with the problem. A quick search online of Grand vitara headlight issues will get thousands of results. I am confident that Suzuki is well aware of this issue, but simply refuses to issue a recall notice because it will cost them many millions of dollars in repairs. My headlight caught fire driving down the interstate and I could have been killed due to their faulty equipment. This is a problem that a gov't Agency needs to make Suzuki fix. This could cause accidents and could be fatal if headlights are bursting in to flames. I suggest anyone who has headlight harness sockets that are melting...not drive the vehicle! it can and will catch on fire!!!

- Cayce, SC, USA

Feb 122008

Grand Vitara

The contact owns a 2006 Suzuki Grand vitara. The contact stated that the headlights constantly burned out and stopped illuminating. The failure occurred every three months for the past four years. The dealer informed the contact that this was a common failure and that the cheapest replacement bulbs available should be purchased during repairs. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage 78,000.

- Sidman, PA, USA

Oct 032011

Grand Vitara

The contact owns a 2006 Suzuki Grand vitara. The contact stated that the fuse that controlled the brake light would fail intermittently. Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer was contacted. A local mechanic replaced the light bulb, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was not further repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 33,000.

- Las Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 082010

Grand Vitara

The contact owns a 2006 Suzuki Grand vitara. The contact stated while driving at various speeds the front passenger air bag off indicator illuminated whenever a passenger was positioned in the front seat. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where they informed the air bag sensor module would need to be replaced. The vehicle had been previously repaired for the similar defect in April of 2000; however the problem recurred. The vehicle was not repaired for the most recent failure. In addition, the headlight low beam bulbs were replaced fifteen different times due to the faulty design of the head lamp socket. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Morehead City, NC, USA

Dec 272010

Grand Vitara

Low beam headlights have been replaced 6 times now (on driver's side) and 5 times on passenger side. No other bulbs have had to be replaced, and I run with my foglights on, as I drive to work on graveyard shift. This has been ongoing and recurring since I bought the vehicle. Apparently the H7 bulb is the weakest bulb out there.

- Spanaway, WA, USA