NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2008 Suzuki Reno electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Suzuki Reno:

2008 Suzuki Reno Owner Comments

Jul 282014

Reno 4-cyl

My car Suzuki Reno 2008 was parking at my driveway and it caught fire under the driver steering column. The day after I reported the incident to Suzuki motors Corp and three days after I received in the mail a safety recall "xa". I took my ve *trhicle to a Suzuki dealer in miami but I was told by Suzuki that they were not responsible for the resulting fire.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 232014

Car is having trouble when switching into gear as well as reverse and driving is very slow and restrained. The problem is so often on forums, it is strange this has not been recalled. Expensive to fix and seems to be a manufacturing fault/cheap part. Auto scanner said part is the transmission sensor.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 092012

Vehicle lurched and hopped out of gear. I took the vehicle to the mechanic, he stated the code indicated the transmission range sensor was having an issue, not covered by warranty. I had it replaced at a later date. The fix lasted about 2 months and the sensor again went bad, I just had it replaced again but it did not solve all of the issues, I have to drive in 3 to keep the car shifting and keep it from randomly hopping out of gear. This is dangerous! I have pulled out onto highways and had the car jump out of gear and not be able to maneuver to a safe spot, nearly getting hit numerous times. This is a known issue! if you visit any Suzuki or repair forum you will see numerous posts on this exact problem. It is a safety issue as well as a mechanical one. This needs to be investigated before someone dies.

- Brooksville, FL, USA

Dec 012011

Driving at 50mph and the car jolts into 4th gear and stays there. Making any take off from stop terrible. It must be very hard on the transmission and the power train. I have replace this part twice now and it still continues to happen. A recall is needed severely.

- Glendale, AZ, USA