NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic Problems

2009 Suzuki SX4 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Suzuki SX4:

2009 Suzuki SX4 Owner Comments

Dec 252009

SX4 4-cyl

My car's issue is that air bag light stays on. When I took the vehicle to the local Suzuki dealership to fix an other issue on brake system, the air bag light also had stayed on. The service mechanics saw the front panel of my car where the brake system light and airbag system lights were on. However, they did not warn me about it. If they had told me, the costs should have been covered by warranty. At that time, I did not know what the airbag light indicated (I.e. airbag would not deploy when I got an accident) as a dealership where I purchased the car did not warn me about it although it already stayed on when I purchased it. This is a serious safety issue in terms of quality of service technicians and airbag system itself of Suzuki. This appears to be a known and wide spread issue with Suzuki SX4 as I have seen multiple complaints, which are the same as my issue, on safecar.gove and other websites. Furthermore, looking at those information, those cars had the issue at a quite early stage of car usage (e.g. when purchased and mileage), which indicates that the airbag system has a defect. This issue could lead serious injuries or dead so Suzuki should resolve it as soon as possible by either recalling the airbag system or extending the warranty so that car owners can fix it with no costs and saver our lives. Otherwise, car owners who could not afford the costs could not fix it. Also, car owners who are not familiar with airbag light/system would not pay attention to the dangerous situation. From that perspective, Suzuki should notify car owners about the issue immediately. I hope that NHTSA also would take the issue seriously, investigate it and give the necessary directions to Suzuki to save our nation of U.S.a 's lives from a defect airbag system.

- Cupertino, CA, USA