NHTSA — Air Bags: Frontal Problems

2009 Suzuki SX4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Suzuki SX4:

2009 Suzuki SX4 Owner Comments

May 042010

Vehicle # 1 will be the one we have a complaint about. Vehicle # 2 is the other involved party. Vehicle # 2 ran a red light and was T-boned by vehicle # 1. vehicle # 1 is equipped with front, passenger, side, and two other kinds of airbags. No airbags deployed. Front drivers seatbelt did not "catch", resulting in driver hitting chest on steering wheel.

- Mcbee, SC, USA

Dec 032009

I currently own a 2009 Suzuki SX4 crossover and was recently in a collision. I was going approximately 40 mph in a forward direction when another vehicle crossed from one parking lot on the left side of the road trying to get into a parking lot directly across to my right. I applied the brakes before we collided, but still ended up colliding with the other vehicle in a T-bone position. I have front, passenger, and side skirt airbags in my vehicle and not one of the airbags deployed. The front engine compartment to my vehicle was completely smashed in and the other vehicle had extensive damage to the passenger side between the front and rear doors. Both my passenger and I were wearing seatbelts, so we were wiped forward and both had our heads collide with the headrests of our seats. We were both taken on backboards by ambulance to the local hospital. Both police officers and the emt's at the scene stated that the airbags should have deployed with such extensive damage.

- Mchenry, IL, USA