Axle Seals Failed

9.0

2004 Suzuki XL7 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Suzuki XL7:

2004 Suzuki XL7 Owner Comments

Dec 152015

XL7 EX III 2.7L V6

This car has been nothing but trouble since the day I got it. Recently my axle seals and axles themselves have failed resulting in damage to brakes hubs and rotors and wheel bearings. I do not have an exact price at this current moment but my first quote was over $950+ and is steadily rising with every new thing my mechanic finds broken or damaged from this issue.

PLEASE, I beg of you, stay far away from this vehicle. It is a load of crap and I can't afford to dump it. It will cause you nothing but grief. Take my warning and look towards the Subaru Forester, or the Toyota RAV 4, and even the Honda Pilot.

- , Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Oct 122015

XL7 EX III 2.7L V6

The seals on my axles failed causing my differential to leak all the fluid out and damage the hub and axle causing a clicking sound and damage to my differential. From what I have been told by auto repair shops is that this could cost around $700 to reseal the damaged ones. It may cost more if any significant damage happened to the differential. I haven't been able to drive the car for over a month until I had the funds to repair it. This was such an inconvenience because I commute over an hour away every day.

- , Grand Rapids, MI, USA