NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2007 Suzuki XL7 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Suzuki XL7:

2007 Suzuki XL7 Owner Comments

Jun 012015

XL7 6-cyl

This was the 2nd time this problem occurred. This time I was coming back from a drive on the hwy and my wheel started to shake. It was a drastic change of a smooth ride to a weird shaking. I exited the hwy and went the street way. Still it did not improve got worst could barely accelerate. The brakes were so sensitive I barely pushed them down and it stopped. By the time I got home the and parked the car in the garage it stated to run hot. So I wanted to remove it out the garage it was very hard to reverse I got it half way out of the garage and grabbed my son we ran because it was smelling hot and running hot.

- Palmetto, GA, USA

Feb 152013

XL7 6-cyl

2007 XL7 has the service traction control, service stability control, and engine reduced power, dashboard warnings on: Story; 02/15 I was driving my 2007 XL7 and the brake pedal got very sensitive and short and tight-quick gripping/biting. I had to touch it extremely lightly when stopping. A few minutes later the car started to tug, and pull back and just created resistance against me when I wanted to give it gas. It was similar to bad gas, like missing and sputtering, but it was different because the car was giving me resistance, not just losing power, I thought that the brakes were trying to seize up. After a stop light, I headed up a hill and the car just fought me down to a dead stop.

- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA