- December 19: Acura Recalls TLX To Replace Transmission
- December 14: Acura Recalls RLX To Fix Headlight Problems
- October 16: Acura Recalls TLX To Replace Wrong Safety Labels
- October 13: Acura Recalls RLX and MDX To Fix Seat Belts That Literally Freeze
1999 Acura TL
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999-2003 Acura TL has a known & widespread defect with the transmission.
Honda fixed some vehicles with a recall in 2004 by changing the oil cooler return line. To settle a class action lawsuit in 2006, Honda extended the transmission warranty on some of these Acura TL's to 93 months / 109,000 miles.
Now these vehicles are past the warranty limit, so buyer beware.
Worst 1999 TL transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- shifter will not shift1
- transmission slip won't go into 2nd 3rd even after recall1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission26
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Acura TL Model Years
Curious how the 1999 TL compares to other years?
Check out our Acura TL overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the TL.