NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2005 Acura TL (Page 2 of 2)

2.2

2005 Acura TL miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Acura TL:

2005 Acura TL Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 172012

TL

Dashboard cracks -noticed small crack in my 2005 TL dashboard over the passenger airbag in May 2012. Overnight it grew from front to back. My car is garaged. Contacted my service advisor by phone and he stated it was cosmetic and due to high heat and high mileage. I stated car was garaged and I owned other cars that were as old and never experience this. He told me cost was $1850 to replace. He said he'd send the complaint to corporate and get back to me. He came back to me and said Acura would pay 75% of cost since I was a good customer. I said that was not acceptable and I would like to talk to regional manager. He said he'd take the request further. In the meantime I noticed another crack. A week later I got a call stating Acura would pay 85% and I'd pay $247 plus tax. I was concerned that the airbag could malfunction and not deploy when in an accident or deploy for no reason. I decided to pay the $247. Dealer stated he would give me a loaner car. Before I brought the car in for repair I noticed two more cracks. My concern is safety for me and my passengers and I did not feel safe with dashboard cracks. This was a design flaw or material defect and Acura should recall to satisfy customers. Too many others with same problem and this is a luxury car. Acura knows it's an issue otherwise they wouldn't have agreed to pay $85%.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Mar 012010

TL

Multiple cracks in dashboard. Started small in length on passenger side of dash but now have extened and taken over the entire dashboard area. Also, the airbag light, both main and passenger, turn on and off intermittently.

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Jul 012011

TL

The dashboard in my 2005 Acura TL has suddenly begun developing bad cracks. The most concerning crack is on the passenger side leading from the front window toward the passenger compartment. The crack is forming around the outline of the passenger airbag. I am concerned this is a safety issue. Will the airbag deploy properly when needed or will it deploy prematurely? the cracks are unsightly and seem unlikely with the age of the vehicle. But the most significant concern is the safety of the crack around the airbag on the passenger side.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Mar 152011

TL

The dash came with a crack on the dash on the passenger side and in front of the center speaker. I have seen this happened to other TL's where the dash starts cracking from 5 to 6 year of manufacture. The material used in the making is not resistant due to its design.

- Trujillo, PR, USA

Mar 052011

TL 6-cyl

The dash came with a crack on the dash on the passenger side and in front of the center speaker. I seen this happened to other TL the dash starts cracking from 5 to 6 year of manufacture. The the material used in the making is not resistant due to its design.

- Naguabo, PR, USA

Jul 232010

TL

Several cracks in my dashon the drivers side and passenger side. I am concerned about my air bags ejecting prematurely and causing an injury to me or my passenger.

- Alexander City, AL, USA

Jan 212010

TL

Cracked dashboard on Acura TL 2005. The whole panel is cracking, I believe it may deploy the airbag system causing an injury or an accident.

- Toa Alta, PR, USA

Mar 262010

TL

Purchased a 2005 Acura TL in 2008 from an acuar dealership. One year later the dashboard is cracking on the driver's side and on the passenger side near around the air bag. The crakcs started about about 3 inches long and are now a week later about a 12 inches long.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA