1. audi paid for new engine (1 reports)
2003 Audi A4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Audi A4:

2003 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Jan 272008

A4 1.8t

2003 Audi A4 1.8T bought (at small independent dealer) it less then a year ago used with 47,000 miles. Ran great, looked great, awesome condition. Had a report on the car, was in an accident but repairs were made to specs. History also showed the car was leased from YBH Audi in 2003. Less then a year later and with 63,000 miles oil light goes on after I just had an oil change, so I brought it back to my mechanic who test drove the car with me. He said it seemed fine. I drove the car the day after and on my way home from school the engine and oil light went on at the same time. I pulled over and the engine was making a grinding noise. I drove it home since I was only a mile away and had it towed to the Don Rosen Audi dealer. A day later they told me that I needed a new engine. At first I was shocked that an Audi, and upscale luxury car would need a new engine at 63,000 miles but then I did some research. This problem is wide-spread and acknowledged. I was asked to get oil receipts as the only on they had on file were from when I had the car evaluated for 50,000 check up and warranty repairs when I bought the car, by the way they charged me $200 to just check the car out, but maybe that was a good thing since the car was probably already damaged and they didnt say anything. I provided only two receipts but I have changed my oil with synthetic every 4000-5000 miles. Audi has been great, and have said they have shipped a new engine. The dealer assures me this is under warranty. 8yr unlimited miles for the engine sludge problem. Point being, I'll still never buy another Audi. What $34,000 car engine dies after 4 years and 63000 miles. Its just bad engineering.

- , Lafayette Hill, PA, USA