1998 Audi A6 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Audi A6:

1998 Audi A6 Owner Comments

Apr 252010

A6 Leather 30V2.7L V6

over the winter in Portland Or we had our low mileage and well cared for A6 fail to start with a dead battery. it always starts and charges fine after jump starting. a few weeks later it happens again. Were at 5 times in 12 months. I replaced the 6+ year old battery last month on advice from my pro mechanic but it happened again today even though I drove the car yesterday. Again nothing was left on. What computers are screwing up causing this key-off load? I haven't looked up service bulletins yet... just starting trouble shooting.

email me @ if you have maint history info. thanks awl. Dave

- , Portland, OR, USA