2012 BMW 128 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 BMW 128:

2012 BMW 128 Owner Comments

Nov 022016

128

Takata recall I received a recall notice letter from BMW in the spring of 2016, but they have not repaired my car yet. When I asked the dealer a couple weeks ago, they told me they could not fix it yet. What's taking so long" how long can they keep me waiting" I'm concerned about driving a car with an airbag that could explode.

- Newark, DE, USA

Mar 052016

128

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 BMW 128I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Apr 052016

128

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 BMW 128I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Jun 282016

128

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 BMW I28I. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer for an interim repair for NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags). After the repair, the contact was notified that the air bags were newer air bags; however, they were still the defective model. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The manufacturer informed the contact that the repair was approved by NHTSA. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Naples, FL, USA

Feb 102016

128

The contact owns a 2012 BMW 128I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Feb 292016

128

The contact owns a 2012 BMW 128I. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Edison, NJ, USA

Feb 052016

128

The contact owns a 2012 BMW 128I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Naples, FL, USA

Oct 232013

128 6-cyl

Pulling in parking lot to park going at a very low speed I hit the brakes and they did not hold instead the car accelerated and jumped on to a sidewalk and then into a brick wall. I finally was able to get the car in reverse and it took off backwards for a few feet until the brakes finally caught the car then came to a sudden stop. I hit the brick wall with the front end of my car causing lots of damage to the front of my car and the building the air bag never deployed. The policeman that worked the wreck said the tire marks where the car took off were acceleration marks not brake marks, but the ones where it finally stopped were brake marks.

- Natchitoches, LA, USA