2013 BMW 128 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 BMW 128:

2013 BMW 128 Owner Comments

Aug 312016

BMW is stalling unnecessarily and will not fix my recalled airbag(s).

- Mclean, VA, USA

May 282016

Takata recall, the car is BMW 128 2013 pre-owned certified. The dealer where I purchased the care is fort lauderdelate import of pembroke pines Florida. At the time I purchased the car 24 months ago, the dealer was aware of the issue of the the engine defect of my car, still the dealer made the car a pre-owned certified. During the time I had the car, I was several times at the dealer for issues with the car and neither one of them from the services department or the salesman or the finance manager informed me of the air bag issue. The salesman by the name of collin, the finance manager by the of jim catell didn't want to let me know of the recall. I wanted to changed the car because of the lack of power and the changes of the engine in the highway, I was at the dealer repetitive times and both employees from fort lauderdale imports pembroke pines didn't let me know of the air bag recall. I learned from anther BMW dealer that the 128 had a recall and to drive. The car had another engine failure on the highway and contacted bwm customer relations 3 months ago, they offered to repair the car. 3 moths later I still don't the car in my possession and I am paying for it. Mean while I am driving a rental from enterprise that is not an equal to the car payment I have. The car ended with another dealer since the people at fort lauderdale imports were so unethical and corrupted. Please have an investigation about the engine defect and air bag recall for the series 128 convertible. I am a BMW customer for 15 years, I had over 7 BMW in the last 10 years and continue buying and trading every 24 months. The car I have at this time has lost value after the engine defect issues, and the air bag recall. BMW is not responding to my calls and there is no one to follow up with about it. I have no BMW in my possession and I am making payments for a luxury car full of defects. Help!!

- Plantation, FL, USA

Feb 052016

Takata has been over 6 months since I have been notified that the car that BMW sold me is a death trap. At any moment I could be hit, or I could hit someone and this horrible death bag (airbag) could take my head off. I am not comfortable driving this car on my bumper to bumper daily commute through san jose California traffic. Nor am I in a position that I can trade it in for a less deadly model. I feel like 6 month has been far long enough to drive such a risky car, and there should have been a fix by now. How does BMW like the sounds of a muli million dollar lawsuit if I die because of the lethal airbag they chose to install in the car that I trusted would be safe. I want a replacement car now!

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 012014

Takata recall...I am worried about the time frame of this recall. It's taking far to long. I think at some point the manufacture must own up to the suppliers they choose for their vehicles and solve the issue in other ways. I don't feel safe driving my car, and it's fair that I have to wait this long for the car to be fixed. I want either my money back or a new unaffected car. The lemon law states that any car that cannot be fixed is either returned or replaced. This is a lemon of massive proportion!

- San Jose, CA, USA

Feb 052016

The contact owns a 2013 BMW 128I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V071000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Mar 102016

I began the process of buying a new BMW in December 2015. Now that I can devote time to the process, I called BMW westchester, NY and told I can not order my new BMW due to the 2013 BMW having a recall. There is no remedy for faulty airbags at this time. Therefore I am stuck with a BMW that is now financed by BMW, that has airbags that could explode at anytime. This airbag issue has been going on since 2014............BMW needs to be proactive!!!!!!!!

- Columbus, NJ, USA