4.2

2008 BMW 135 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW 135:

2008 BMW 135 Owner Comments

Mar 032016

135

After hitting road pothole adaptive headlight warning light on dash illuminated. Placement of complete headlamp assembly quoted at over $2100 plus tax. Dealer repaired headlamp mechanism more than once for about $700 each time but problem with water intrusion resulting in adaptive headlamp warning light occurred after car went through automated car wash (each time after repair it only took one wash to set off the warning). Mechanism clearly is affected by water intrusion. Good thing is headlamp still works and car runs fine. Bad thing is that proper repair is exorbitant and adaptive headlamp warning lamp is blocking other key display information -- time, temperature, radio station info, status of bluetooth. Very annoying and dealer says there's nothing that can be done without repairing the headlight. I feel like I am almost being forced to make the repair simply to restore vehicle dashboard information. Again, headlamp works, just not the adaptive mechanism. I wanted error "coded out" but dealer refused saying it must be repaired.

- Erdenheim, PA, USA

Mar 022009

135

The tail light assembly on the 2008 BMW one series is now being replaced for the second time (three if you count the factory). The fist time the car had 6K miles on it the second time (Aug 2015) it has 50K miles. Per the dealer this is being caused by a bad housing in the taillight kit. It has always been replaced at the dealer using BMW parts. Currently both tail lights are not working.

- Alameda, CA, USA

Sep 162013

135 6-cyl

The 3rd brake light located on the truck lid, cracked and fell out. I took the car to my BMW dealer and they said it was not covered by my extended warranty (which is still valid) and that bit would cost 360 to fix the problem. I did a search on line at www.1addicts.com/forums and found numerous other 1 series BMW owners had the same problem. It appears some did have their vehicles repaired by BMW without charge and others did not. On the forum I also learned BMW issued a technical service bulletin to their dealers about this issue. I believe this problem with the broken tail light is a common problem for 1 series bmws between 2008 and 2011. Given this is a brake lamp this issue also presents a safety hazard. I called directly to BMW at 1-800-831-1117 and spoke with a company representative. After explaining the issue he advised me that BMW does not have a recall for this issue and they would repair my vehicle at my expense. I contend this is a manufacturer's flaw and because it is also a safety issue should be fixed under a recall. I request your assistance in resolve my issue with BMW.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Aug 122011

135

Driver's side tail light malfunctioned. Does not work at all. This has been a known defect for this model and year of vehicle for over a year. Dealer will replace malfunctioning tail light but will not replace the other tail light until it malfunctions which could happen at any time and is an unsafe condition.

- Sc, SC, USA

Feb 012010

135

"3rd brakelight" lens continues to break. I purchased the car in June of 2008 and it is on its 3rd replacement lens under warranty. This is a very expensive part and I'm concerned about others being able to see me when I apply the brakes!

- Rocky Mount, NC, USA