2002 BMW 318 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW 318:

2002 BMW 318 Owner Comments

Apr 072016

"takata recall"-we are the second owners of a BMW 325I series, 2002 and have not received any information about a defective takata airbag recall.

- Chestertown, MD, USA

Jul 202015

318 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2002 BMW 3 series. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed to perform the recall repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 02/23/16 updated 02/23/16.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jun 102014

318 6-cyl

The BMW dealership in san francisco keeps cancelling my appointments for my airbags to be replaced. I have been waiting since June. They cannot offer any assistance to helping me get my airbags replaced.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jun 222014

Was driving on a cloverleaf ramp in baton rouge, la. (hwy 61 & Florida blvd.) when passenger side air bag deployed causing me to veer to the right. I then hit a drain on the curbing and blew out both right side tires and bent rims. Outside temp was 90* with no rain. ( not sure of exact vehicle mileage B/C car is in shop) I can get pictures if needed.

- Lutcher, LA, USA