2001 BMW 325 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 325:

2001 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 272009

I have a 2001 BMW 325I - 4 door. The problem I am having is: Intermittently (usually when hot) the door locks will not open with the button on the key - all four. When that happens, I can unlock the driver's side door with the key but I can not open the other three doors with the button on the key, the button on the dash or by pulling the handles. The gas lid does not unlock either. Sometimes just the drivers side door will open with the button on the key and then - usually - I can unlock the other doors with the handles. Sometimes everything works fine. The trunk does not have problems unlocking. I have been told the GM5 module has a common failure that causes these issues.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Jul 192009

The connectors on the rear tail lights are defective they are burnt and shorted and wire is burnt. In same location. I have to replace the connector, the burnt wire, and the taillight assembly on both sides. Its the same wire (brown #4 I believe).

- Orange, CA, USA

Oct 292003

The electrical box has malfunctioned. As a result the steering locks and the engine stalls without warning. Please provide additional information.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 272001

325 4-cyl

Halogen headlights & turn signals go on and off when the vehicle desires. Has been taken in for examination on 4 separate occasions. Currently the turn signals are out again and have not been repaired. Front driver side window inoperable, front passenger side window inoperable, sunroof clips broken, both rear side door panels have fallen off. All have been taken in at separate times and all have been repaired.

- Gilroy, CA, USA

Nov 132001

While my foot was firmly on the break, my 2001 BMW 325I seemed to speed up and caused me to crash into the building I was parking in front of. Severe damage across the bottom of my right foot( a bruise the shape of the brake pedal } along with other foot and ankle injuries indicate my foot was indeed on the brake and not on the accelerator as one might think. The damage to the car $ $5,000. No answer for what happened from dealer. Approx seven months later, while on an open road approaching stop light again with my foot on brake, car revved up to 4,000 rmp then back down and stalled. Car would not start after this. Towed to different BMW dealer who claimed faulty gas sensors were to blame. Sensors told engine car needed gas when indeed it did not.

- Tampa, FL, USA