2001 BMW 325 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 325:

2001 BMW 325 Owner Comments

Jun 072010

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 325I. The contact stated that while pulling out of the driveway, the vehicle hesitated when shifting from first gear to second gear. The contact believed the failure to be driver error but the vehicle would not accelerate and the engine rpms would not move. The contact attempted to accelerate forward and after the vehicle shifted into second gear, the vehicle began independently decreasing in speed. In addition, the accelerator pedal was dangling from its housing. The vehicle had not been taken to the dealer for diagnosis or repairs. The failure and current mileages were 40,000.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Sep 272008

1. I was decelerating and braking, coming to a near stop at an intersection, with my foot only on the brake. My car, 2001 BMW 325I, suddenly started accelerating while my foot was firmly on the brake. It lurched forwards overriding the brakes until I shifted the car into park. I bumped into the car in front of me. The car then revved down and was able to be driven normally afterwards. 2. first time 3. haven't had it in for inspection yet.

- Morris Plains, NJ, USA

Jun 222002

The vehicle slipped into steptronic gear when being shifted into reverse, forcing the vehicle to accelerate suddenly.

- San Diego, CA, USA