2001 BMW 325 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 325:

2001 BMW 325 Owner Comments

Mar 202011

325

Severe damage to front bumper of car and damage to 2 tires. Resulting in an unnecessary purchase of new tires.

- Bridgewater, NJ, USA

Feb 232004

325 6-cyl

Took my car to BMW delaer to get tires rotated. They called me and said I need 4 new tires. My 325I is a 2001 and has 18,000 miles on it. My father has been in the car business all his life and said that my tires should have been good for at least 30,000 miles - especially with the low mileage I have. I have found so many complaints on the internet against Continental and premature tire wear. There is obviously a problem that needs to be addressed. It is both a safety issue and a financial issue. Who wants to shell out $400 for new tires when they don't even last as long as they are supposed to! I am so scared to drive right now because I am afraid of a tire blowout. I am also going to write a letter to Continental and request that they either replace all my tires or at least give me pro rata for new tires. NHTSA - please look into this further!!!

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 102003

325

While driving 60 mph the driver door side air bag unexpectedly deployed. The consume R noticed the passenger side tires had a small orange size bubble in each tire. (the consumer didn't hit anything and there was nothing in the road) as a result of the unexpected air bag deployment, the consumer suffered hearing loss.

- Johnston, RI, USA

Jan 102001

325 4WD

I previously reported this. See file # 748060- I have never rec'd any response or acknowledgement. I experienced 2 flat tires simutaneously at high speed with no previous warning or indication of anything improper, etc. I only had 4400 miles on this vehicle and find hard to believe that this could occur. After replacing at my expense, since my dealer informed me that anything could happen to tires and that they weren't responsible, I learned of NHTSA recall # 00V383. (please refer to the specifics of this recall before proceeding). I took delivery of my car in Nov. 2000, therefore it was en route by sea in Oct. 2000 and manufactured in Sept. 2000. After notifying my dealer, they said they had "checked my VIN number and determined that my car wass not affected. I find this hard to believe and do not know how to verify except by asking you to investigate. BMW usa was contacted via E-mail and provided no answers, explanations, or verification of their claim. Please investigate this and provide me with some kind of explanation as to whether this was some freak coincidence that BMW is not responsible for or that they should replace my wheels, etc. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter. (dot number: 00V383 tiresize: 17)

- Lombard, IL, USA

Aug 032001

325 4WD

I discovered a 2-inch bubble in the side of the rear driver's side tire. The problem has been identified as a snapped belt that is allowing air to escape the inside of the tire. The tire has 3700 miles on it, and I have never run over so much as a large pothole. Nevertheless, the dealer and local tire companies who deal in Continental tires have refused to honor any warranty, claiming that the problem is a road hazard. If the tire is so poorly designed or manufactured that normal, on-street driving causes a belt to snap with less than 5,000 miles on the tire, something is seriously wrong with its manufacture. (tiresize: 205/55 R16)

- Albuquerque, NM, USA