2004 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 BMW 325:

2004 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Jul 152014

Takata recall NHTSA recall number:15V318 NHTSA recall number: 14V428

- Kelseyville, CA, USA

Nov 012016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V428000 (air bags) and 15V318000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Henderson, NC, USA

Jul 012015

325

Takata recall I received a letter dated July 2015 concerning the recall of the driver's side air bag. I called my local BMW on 11/24/15 and they said they put my name on the list and would call me when the replacement came in. I called again on 4/14/16 and clara said she would check to make sure my name is on the list and would call me back when the parts arrived. It's been a year and a half and I have not received a call back. This is so concerning to me as this car is my main mode of transportation and I am so afraid I will have a front end collision resulting in death or dismemberment. If that should happen I or my estate will most certainly sue.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Dec 092016

325

Takayuki recall a few years back, I received a recall notice for the passenger side airbag.(potentially lethal consequences if deployed). Last year, I received another recall, this time for the driver's airbag.I responded immediately and was placated with the promise of replacement. It has been eighteen months now and the dealer asks me to be patient. I recently found that it may take until 2020!!! for any replacement!!! I ask, simply would any prudent person drive my vehicle" living with the threat of death for four more years? what am I to do" I want a safe replacement at BMW's expense until my vehicle can be repaired. Yes my vehicle is 12 years old ( 60,000 miles) and yes I live in what considered a "humid" environment! help!

- Palmyra, VA, USA

Jun 152015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000(air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Spring, TX, USA

Sep 012016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Jun 212016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Eaton, OH, USA

Oct 132016

325

Takata recall I received a air bag recall notice from BMW in June 2015 and another recall notice in September 2016.over a year + I have been calling South bay BMW in torrance ca. And they keep on telling me they do not have the parts yet. Can you please help me..

- Hermosa Beach, CA, USA

Oct 122016

325

Takata recall letter dated Aug. 2016 states "we have the necessary parts to complete this recall". when I called the dealer where I purchased the car (South motors BMW), they stated they do not have the part for my car and don't know when it will be available.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 052016

325

Takata recall received letter from BMW dated September 2016 stating "final remedy available" for recall 15V-318. Called dealer to schedule immediate repair and was told that the part needed has not yet been received at dealership. The repair can not be made yet. They said they will put my name on a list to be called when the part is received at the dealership service department.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Aug 292016

325

"takata recall" I received notice of the recall by mail on 8/24/16 stating that I needed the driver and passenger side airbags replaced. I then proceeded to make an appointment on August 29th with global imports BMW located at 500 interstate N pkwy, atlanta, ga 30339. The service representative informed me that the parts were not in stock and would need to be ordered. However the recall notice did state that the parts were in stock and ready to be installed. I waited 2 weeks and never received a follow up phone call on the status of the air bags. I then called global BMW again, and they had no record of me calling, and claimed that they needed to order the airbags. This same exact issue re-occurred on my follow up phone calls on September 12th and 23rd. Then finally on October 3rd I placed another follow up phone call where once again they did not have my information, but did have a driver side airbag in stock. The customer service representative informed me that she would be checking on the status of the passenger air bag and give me a call. I called back the next day to check, and was told that they were not sure when they could obtain a passenger airbag. Over a month of phone calls and still nothing done. I am less than pleased and very concerned for the safety of me and my family while driving our vehicle. It has become obvious that BMW doesn't care about fixing the issue.

- Smyrna, GA, USA

Sep 292016

325

Takata recall. This complaint is due to the slow response of nalley BMW in Decatur Georgia to replace my airbag. I received my recall letter and immediately called the BMW dealer on Sept 7th. I was told that parts were ordered and I would be called when they arrived. By Sept 16th I had heard nothing and called again. Nalley said they had no record of my having ordered parts. I was transferred to the parts department where no one answered the phone. So I called BMW national customer relations. They said they would contact the dealer and have them get in touch with me directly. Nothing happened, so today visited the dealer personally to get the parts ordered. I was told it would take an additional two weeks to receive parts. This is unacceptible. My recall letter from BMW clearly states "we have the necessary parts to complete this recall, " "please contact your authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free recall performed as soon as possible, " and "...metal fragments striking the driver or other passengers potentially resulting in serious injury or death." BMW has built cars with shrapnel grenades instead of airbags and now they don't care about fixing it. BMW should not E allowed to sell another vehicle in the us until they have completed all of these critical recalls.

- Decatur, GA, USA

May 272016

325 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available...updated 10/28/16 updated 10/31/16.

- Dothan, AL, USA

Sep 202016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V318000 (air bags) and 14V428000 (air bags). However, the parts needed to repair the recall were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Albany, GA, USA

Sep 142015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Nov 022015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Part distribution disconnect.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 292016

325

I received a letter from BMW stating airbags were in for recalls 15V-318 and 13V-172/14V-428. I took my car to BMW West in houston and was told tx does not have driver's side airbags yet. I had to leave my car overnight because they had to wait for the passenger bags from another BMW center. I will now be driving with a defective driver's airbag until parts are received.

- Katy, TX, USA

Aug 302016

325

Takata recall - recall announced May 2015. BMW na claims replacement parts still not available. BMW na claims next communication to affected owners will be in January 2017. Is BMW na complying with the timeline for completing this recall?

- Bryn Mawr, PA, USA

Aug 252016

325

I have been unable to get a time frame when I can expect airbag replacement on my vehicle. I have been calling repeatedly to the dealer and I am dissatisfied with their response.

- Ramsey, NJ, USA

Jun 242016

325

BMW jointly owned vehicle, was not returned to customers on demand, nor swapped as is customary business practice (I.e. BMW repair/recalled for BMW loaner car), and held for unreasonable amount of time. BMW recalled the vehicle, in part, defective airbags, and was to send a consent form to the customers prior to ordering parts/repairs. The customers never received the consent form as assured and expressed concerns about the BMW who damaged the vehicle in their possession or disabled state. July 15, 2016 BMW flatbed delivered with unidentified chemicals/toxins that resulted in front end physical damages and/or toxins in BMW that resulted in "poison exposure", toxology tests pending. The toxins maybe airbag chemicals, sodium azide, hydrazoic acid, or others, and need BMW tested. Please inform on who specifically performs these tests or Agency that does quickly due to the toxic nature. BMW had a duty to disclose these facts to customers, insurance, government, and others. 49 usc Safety Act 30101. Dot states ¿loaner vehicle¿ is customary practice in airbag recall, an obligation oem dealership, thus request the process in securing the loaner vehicle or reinstatement. BMW by affiliates, unilaterally took BMW loaner without providing a repaired BMW, unfair exchange, and was returned in a disabled status. ¿but for¿ wrecked/recalled defective BMW, a loaner would not have been required, Safety Act, 49 usc 30101. Please respond in writing, the process to (1) secure chemical tests; (2) vehicle safety review or decontamination, and (3) loaner car approval process for insurance. NHTSA Safety Act, 49 usc §30101 delegated by secretary of transportation, 49 cfr §1.95, inspect/investigate §30166(B)(1); civil penalties §30165(B); ensure recalled §30118-119; adequacy of recalls 49 usc §30120(C)(1), accelerate remedy programs 30120(C)(3); and other 49 usc §30166(G): BMW loaner

- Greendale, IN, USA