2004 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 BMW 325:

2004 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Sep 012016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Jun 212016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Eaton, OH, USA

Oct 132016

325

Takata recall I received a air bag recall notice from BMW in June 2015 and another recall notice in September 2016.over a year + I have been calling South bay BMW in torrance ca. And they keep on telling me they do not have the parts yet. Can you please help me..

- Hermosa Beach, CA, USA

Oct 122016

325

Takata recall letter dated Aug. 2016 states "we have the necessary parts to complete this recall". when I called the dealer where I purchased the car (South motors BMW), they stated they do not have the part for my car and don't know when it will be available.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 052016

325

Takata recall received letter from BMW dated September 2016 stating "final remedy available" for recall 15V-318. Called dealer to schedule immediate repair and was told that the part needed has not yet been received at dealership. The repair can not be made yet. They said they will put my name on a list to be called when the part is received at the dealership service department.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Aug 292016

325

"takata recall" I received notice of the recall by mail on 8/24/16 stating that I needed the driver and passenger side airbags replaced. I then proceeded to make an appointment on August 29th with global imports BMW located at 500 interstate N pkwy, atlanta, ga 30339. The service representative informed me that the parts were not in stock and would need to be ordered. However the recall notice did state that the parts were in stock and ready to be installed. I waited 2 weeks and never received a follow up phone call on the status of the air bags. I then called global BMW again, and they had no record of me calling, and claimed that they needed to order the airbags. This same exact issue re-occurred on my follow up phone calls on September 12th and 23rd. Then finally on October 3rd I placed another follow up phone call where once again they did not have my information, but did have a driver side airbag in stock. The customer service representative informed me that she would be checking on the status of the passenger air bag and give me a call. I called back the next day to check, and was told that they were not sure when they could obtain a passenger airbag. Over a month of phone calls and still nothing done. I am less than pleased and very concerned for the safety of me and my family while driving our vehicle. It has become obvious that BMW doesn't care about fixing the issue.

- Smyrna, GA, USA

Sep 292016

325

Takata recall. This complaint is due to the slow response of nalley BMW in Decatur Georgia to replace my airbag. I received my recall letter and immediately called the BMW dealer on Sept 7th. I was told that parts were ordered and I would be called when they arrived. By Sept 16th I had heard nothing and called again. Nalley said they had no record of my having ordered parts. I was transferred to the parts department where no one answered the phone. So I called BMW national customer relations. They said they would contact the dealer and have them get in touch with me directly. Nothing happened, so today visited the dealer personally to get the parts ordered. I was told it would take an additional two weeks to receive parts. This is unacceptible. My recall letter from BMW clearly states "we have the necessary parts to complete this recall, " "please contact your authorized BMW center immediately to schedule an appointment to have this important free recall performed as soon as possible, " and "...metal fragments striking the driver or other passengers potentially resulting in serious injury or death." BMW has built cars with shrapnel grenades instead of airbags and now they don't care about fixing it. BMW should not E allowed to sell another vehicle in the us until they have completed all of these critical recalls.

- Decatur, GA, USA

May 272016

325 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available...updated 10/28/16 updated 10/31/16.

- Dothan, AL, USA

Sep 202016

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V318000 (air bags) and 14V428000 (air bags). However, the parts needed to repair the recall were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Albany, GA, USA

Sep 142015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Nov 022015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Part distribution disconnect.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 292016

325

I received a letter from BMW stating airbags were in for recalls 15V-318 and 13V-172/14V-428. I took my car to BMW West in houston and was told tx does not have driver's side airbags yet. I had to leave my car overnight because they had to wait for the passenger bags from another BMW center. I will now be driving with a defective driver's airbag until parts are received.

- Katy, TX, USA

Aug 302016

325

Takata recall - recall announced May 2015. BMW na claims replacement parts still not available. BMW na claims next communication to affected owners will be in January 2017. Is BMW na complying with the timeline for completing this recall?

- Bryn Mawr, PA, USA

Aug 252016

325

I have been unable to get a time frame when I can expect airbag replacement on my vehicle. I have been calling repeatedly to the dealer and I am dissatisfied with their response.

- Ramsey, NJ, USA

Jun 242016

325

BMW jointly owned vehicle, was not returned to customers on demand, nor swapped as is customary business practice (I.e. BMW repair/recalled for BMW loaner car), and held for unreasonable amount of time. BMW recalled the vehicle, in part, defective airbags, and was to send a consent form to the customers prior to ordering parts/repairs. The customers never received the consent form as assured and expressed concerns about the BMW who damaged the vehicle in their possession or disabled state. July 15, 2016 BMW flatbed delivered with unidentified chemicals/toxins that resulted in front end physical damages and/or toxins in BMW that resulted in "poison exposure", toxology tests pending. The toxins maybe airbag chemicals, sodium azide, hydrazoic acid, or others, and need BMW tested. Please inform on who specifically performs these tests or Agency that does quickly due to the toxic nature. BMW had a duty to disclose these facts to customers, insurance, government, and others. 49 usc Safety Act 30101. Dot states ¿loaner vehicle¿ is customary practice in airbag recall, an obligation oem dealership, thus request the process in securing the loaner vehicle or reinstatement. BMW by affiliates, unilaterally took BMW loaner without providing a repaired BMW, unfair exchange, and was returned in a disabled status. ¿but for¿ wrecked/recalled defective BMW, a loaner would not have been required, Safety Act, 49 usc 30101. Please respond in writing, the process to (1) secure chemical tests; (2) vehicle safety review or decontamination, and (3) loaner car approval process for insurance. NHTSA Safety Act, 49 usc §30101 delegated by secretary of transportation, 49 cfr §1.95, inspect/investigate §30166(B)(1); civil penalties §30165(B); ensure recalled §30118-119; adequacy of recalls 49 usc §30120(C)(1), accelerate remedy programs 30120(C)(3); and other 49 usc §30166(G): BMW loaner

- Greendale, IN, USA

Jul 152014

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V428000 (air bags) and 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Gastonia, NE, USA

Sep 012015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325I. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to a the dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag module needed to be replaced. The contact mentioned the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 115,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Jul 152016

325

BMW 325xi 2004, after substantial or unreasonable delay in the BMW return, was perceived to be rendered unsafe/unsatisfactory/incomplete, with airbag defects/spillover effects, or released with known defects to the vehicle that put the driver and unsuspecting occupants at risk of serious bodily injury up to death. BMW was to send a 'consent form', then vehicle owner was to review/sign/return, BMW would then order 'interim airbag' parts, and repair. The consent form was not received or signed, June 2016, BMW enter/repair without authorization, or signed consent forms, and made unknown changes to the airbag/systems. The toxins remain has corroded it or released toxins/odor. The vehicle was on a 'cease & desist' airbag repair pending the receipt and execution of the consent form as agreed. BMW failed to make the repairs per quote and airbag [I.e. explosive device; sodium azide azium; shrapnel, etc.] was left in an unsafe state. The vehicle needs an inspection by NHTSA, as it is believed to be contaminated or corroded, by unknown toxins (I.e sodium azide or azium?). persons exposed have contacted cdc/poison center who stated that persons not have further contact with BMW till inspected? see claim 10881628 for same/similar background. The owners were subjected to foreseeable toxins, from the airbag defects/recalls/ unauthorized repairs to the BMW, pending a "consent form", and has resulted in injury or medical care or poison control center consultations. The toxins had a 'sharp odor', overwhelming as reported, and exposure resulted in damages to persons or property, awaiting estimates to be completed. Importantly, exposure to sodium azide can be fatal and the vehicle needs an inspection by NHTSA or dot. If you do not inspect unsafe vehicles, with perceived safety concerns, please provide a referral or preferred source due to the serious public health and safety issues.

- Greendale, IN, USA

Jul 222016

325 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available......updated 08/11/16 updated 08/17/16.

- Newtown, PA, USA

Jul 192016

325

The contact owns a 2004 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V428000 (air bags) and 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Dania Beach, FL, USA