2005 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 BMW 325:

2005 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Oct 062015

325

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V318000 (air bags) and 14V428000 (air bags); however, the parts needed to perform the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Los Angles, CA, USA

Nov 162015

325

Per my letter from BMW, I am to notify NHTSA that BMW is unable to remedy the airbag recall situation within a reasonable amount of time. I received the recall letter in July 2015 and called BMW today 11-16-15 to find out that they have no idea when they will receive parts to replace the defective airbag.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 012015

325

I received a written recall notice from BMW of North America, llc, in July 2015 about the driver's side airbag defect that could result in "metal fragments striking the front driver... [and] potentially resulting in serious injury or death" if the airbag was deployed. I asked the dealer to remove the faulty airbag, leaving me with lap and shoulder restraint, and install the correct airbag module when it was received. I was told that, by law, air bags could not be removed and that they would not do so. I feel that my request was valid under the circumstances, would not be a violation of the law under those circumstances, and was a reasonable accommodation since, as of October 14, 2015, there is evidence that new bags will be received in the near future. The dealer's position results in my having to drive a vehicle that could kill me in a collision at no more than 25 mph, the speed I was told would cause any airbag in that car to deploy. There has been no agreement by the dealer or BMW usa to provide, at no cost to me, another vehicle for my normal and customary use. More than enough time has passed to remedy this problem since, even prior to the official written recall notice, BMW knew that specific part to be defective and not susceptible to shop repair. This position is supported by the fact that an earlier recall was issued for the passenger side airbag and relatively quick replacement was made. I am now going on three months with no assurance that a remedy will be provided in the foreseeable future, and BMW's admission that use of the defective automobile exposes me to serious injury or death.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Oct 062015

325

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part was unavailable to perform the repair. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Jul 272015

325

It took over a year to get parts for the passenger side air bag, just got the car back and received notice of a recall of the drivers side air bag and no date for repair, I can not sell the car or trade it in because of the defect. BMW refuses to provide compensation. I have been given the run around by the manufacturer regarding a loaner car or a replacement. I want BMW to purchase the vehicle immediately so I can obtain a safe vehicle to drive.

- Kinnelon, NJ, USA

Jul 062015

325

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 325xi. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V318000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to provide the part. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 142015

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 325I. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) in September of 2014; however, the part to do the repair was still not available. The contact felt the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 7/9/15

- La Marada, CA, USA

May 022015

325 6-cyl

When the vehicle is driven over a bump, the wiring harness below the passenger or driver seat may become loose, causing a high resistance in the SRS system and causing the SRS error light to illuminate and an error code to be saved, the system may become inactive, and in the event of a crash, the SRS system may not function, and may lead to injury or death which could have been avoided had the connectors not come loose and deactivated the SRS system. This has been observed on numerous E46's of various years.

- Richmond, WA, USA

Jul 152014

325

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Augusta, GA, USA

Sep 152014

325

In September 2014, I received an important safety recall from BMW usa. [recall campaign no. 14V-428: Front passenger air bag]. according to the notice, the air bag supplier advised BMW that in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front passenger air bag, excessive internal pressure could cause rupturing of the air bag inflator, resulting in metal fragments striking and potentially seriously injuring the front passenger or other passengers. Unbelievably, BMW stated it did not have the parts to fix it. However, I would be notified "as soon as parts become available." After hearing nothing from BMW, in February 2015 I contacted my dealer, san diego BMW, who said I needed to be on a list so they could call when parts became available. I gave the information and again waited. It is now April 24, 2015. I have heard nothing more from BMW and san diego BMW. I wrote to BMW at the email address provided last month and of course, got no response. This is a safety issue that should not involve 8 months of waiting. Recently, my mother in law died from just this situation [not involved in this recall]. I find it hard to believe that a car company can be required to recall a car for a safety item and then do nothing about it. Please advise me as to what can be done to get this fixed in a timely manner. Thank you.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Apr 092015

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 325ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure...updated 05/19/15 updated 7/6/2015

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 242015

325

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Pittsburg, PA, USA

Nov 282014

325 6-cyl

I had an appointment to have my passenger air bag replaced, as per the recall, on November 28, 2014. I get there at my scheduled time and was told they ran out of air bags and it couldn't be replaced. I was told that 18,000 air bags have been ordered. I requested to be put back on the list and haven't heard nothing. I would like the air bag replaced.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 172014

325

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 325I. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number 14V428000 (air bag) was received in September 2014 and campaign number 14V348000 (air bags) was received in November 2014. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experience the failure.

- Palmetto Bay, FL, USA

Sep 172014

325

II received a safety recall letter from BMW stating that the passenger side air bag is being recalled, but they have done nothing to rectify this colossal dangerous problem.

- Berkeley, CA, USA

Nov 192014

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 325ci. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V348000 (air bags) was received in November of 2014. The vehicle was serviced under the recall remedy but after the repairs, the middle section of the steering wheel that houses the air bag was bulging and protruding. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer who diagnosed that the steering column needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 69,000. The issue was resolved. Updated 03/17/15

- Loxahatchee, FL, USA

Aug 012005

325 6-cyl

BMW recalled this car for the airbag many moths ago. BMW advised us the air bag replacement parts would be available by the end of December 2014. I have contacted BMW and they advised me they have no dates when they would be available. My local dealer states I am on a list and 40 people are in front of me and it can take in excess of three months to schedule the repair if they get the parts. BMW has been unresponsive and can not provide any information other than the parts are on back order.

- Kinnelon, NJ, USA

Jan 142015

325

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 325I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Sep 152014

325 6-cyl

Received front airbag recall notice in mid-September 2014 and was told I would be contacted about replacement. It has now been 4 months since notice and the car still has not been fixed and I have been without use of car for 4 months. This is unacceptable!

- Wexford, PA, USA

Jan 082015

325 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 BMW 325xi. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 4/30/15

- Morrisville, VT, USA