1998 BMW 328 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 BMW 328:

1998 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Sep 302016

328

At approximately 4:45 P.M. ct on Friday, September 30, 2016, I was driving my 1998 BMW M3 convertible home from work. I was on state highway 75 in tulsa, Oklahoma, heading South. I don't have a specific recollection of my speed at that exact moment, but would estimate it to be in the area of 55-60 miles an hour, as there was some traffic, but it was not heavy. I was in the right-hand lane on a part of the highway where there is no curb. I did not swerve off the shoulder. Tulsa roads are notoriously bad, but this particular stretch of highway was repaved relatively recently. My passenger door airbag deployed spontaneously. I was not involved in a collision. I did not have a flat tire. BMW of North America has assured me that the airbag operated appropriately and there must have been some stimulus to cause its detonation. I struggle to accept that there was any stimulus at that speed that would cause detonation of just one airbag without causing some damage to the vehicle.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

May 232003

328 6-cyl

1998 BMW 328I - crashed going 35-40 mph with extensive front end damage and no air bags deployed.

- Hanover, MA, USA