1.1

2007 BMW 328 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 BMW 328:

2007 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Jul 292016

328

My 2007 BMW 328I is having red steering wheel warning displayed on dash. I have read around the internet and this seems to be a common problem with BMW. Requires the entire steering column be replaced. This is a major safety issue if a person needs to start the car and is unable to start it because of a faulty latch and lever. A simple google search of "BMW steering wheel lock" brings up hundreds of pages and videos of people having issues with their vehicles. The light on my car is a steering wheel lock red. I checked my battery and it works perfectly fine. The problem is a faulty steering lock. The certified BMW dealer that sold the vehicle said this is normal of bmws. Normal meaning they know it will eventually go bad and the steering column has to be replace to correct it. What, the steering column has to be replaced. At some point the vehicle will go into a no start mode per BMW to prevent a steering wheel lock from engaging while operating. This is unethical and cost the consumer around 1500 us dollars to correct.

- Albany, GA, USA

Apr 302016

328

Vehicle stalls twice (2 times) all of a sudden while it is in motion. Vehicle lost power completely without warning. Both incidents happened when vehicle is traveling at 20-25 mph. Almost caused an accident on latest incident. First stall happened at 99500 miles and 2nd stall happened at 100340 miles. There was no light indicator warning or signs or distress on engine before power was completely lost. Car stalled immediately and had to be restarted.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Dec 042015

328

I was driving and my car completely shut off as I coasted down the road with absolutely no brakes at all. I was terrified. There was no electrical power to my car at all for all of 10 mins. I almost hit the car in front of me, swerving onto a side street to let my car coast until it stopped. My car has absolutely no cold crank. This is the 3rd time this has happened and no one can fix it.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Jul 022012

328 6-cyl

Car continues to have intermittent ABS brake failure after more than a year. BMW won't repair unless I pay for it. I have already had 1 electrical related safety recall due to battery cable. Several people on the BMW forum have had this issue as well, here is just 1 example: www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?T=558662 see below tsb #sib270212 for the ABS brake failure: ___________________________ vehicle: 2007 BMW 3 series ________________________________________ nature of defect: Power train:automatic transmission bulletin number: Sib270212 bulletin date: Dec 2012 ________________________________________ summary: BMW: Dsc warning light is on. The warning lamps for dsc, ABS and brake warning illuminated. There may also be a warning in the control display for chassis control system failure. ( NHTSA item number - 10051459 ),

- Richmond, TX, USA

Oct 012012

328 6-cyl

ABS system light went off - no traction control system.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 262011

328

My door locks failed to unlock (with both the remote entry and the door lock switch located in the car) with the exception of the driver side door using the manual key turn. This was repaired by replacing the door lock actuators, under warranty.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Aug 112011

328

I have an 2007 328I BMW which stalled and cutoff on 3 occasion within 4 years. They replaced as per tech the fuel injection twice within 2 years and now the car is parked my warranty is expired and cutoff again last 2 weeks.

- New York, NY, USA

Sep 132010

328

I own a 2007 BMW 328I with 21,000 miles on it. In July 2009 I was backing out of my driveway when the car lost all steering power, the accelerator no longer functioned, the check engine light came on, & the key was unable to be ejected. A BMW dealer was unable to duplicate the issue, so they said there was not a problem with the car. In Aug 2009, after turning the car on, the car began to shake and it powered down. Again, the check engine light came on, and the key was not able to be ejected. The same BMW dealership was unable to duplicate the problem, but they said they installed software updates. In Sept 2010 I was driving the car and at a low speed when the car lost all steering control, the accelerator did nothing when I pushed down on it. I had to push the car out of the road. The check engine light was still on, and the key would not eject itself. Minutes later, I was able to get the key out, and after I restarted the car, the check engine light went off. (I have photos of it on). The vehicle was towed to a different BMW dealership--but once again, they were unable to resolve the issue. They tested the fuel--the fuel was fine. They told me they had incentive to find a problem with the car so that they could be paid. I have contacted BMW N. America several times, but to no avail. At one point, I asked what it would take for them to fix the car-- personal injury" property damage" the BMW rep said no--but agreed that I'd just have to wait it out and see what happens. After sending a letter to BMW N. America the customer service rep said I would need a local dealer to consent to having an engineer look at my car. He said he would contact the dealer to see if they would grant me consent. He never called. I had to call on my own and beg them to have an engineer look at my car. The engineer was unable to explain why my car keeps powering down. He did however install a software update. BMW won't help me, so my only recourse is to sell it.

- Coral Gables, FL, USA