2.3

2008 BMW 328 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 BMW 328:

2008 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Nov 102015

328

While driving(in motion) my vehicle will completely stop running and stall out. I took the vehicle to a mechanic for a diagnostics, but he stated he didn't see any issues. This happens frequently.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Nov 092010

328

As an example, when attempting to accelerate the vehicle onto a moving traffic situation the car hesitates/lags/delays before the engine catches, then it takes off like a rabbit when you don't expect it. This vehicle behavior has caused near miss accidents more than once when I was driving. It's not a delay which decreases a transient surge. It increases the transient surge as the car does not respond to the throttle for a half second then bolts forward with an awkward lurch and a slam. It's much rougher than a normal takeoff would be. It's not at all smooth. Some have described it as being rear-ended. The has been happening since I purchased the car in November 2010 many BMW owners have reported the problem to BMW as I have. The answer I got as well as many others from BMW was, "it's normal".

- Brookhaven, NY, USA

Apr 262013

328 6-cyl

While driving, attempting to pass a vehicle, I press the accelerator and the pedal had no response and the rpms dropped. After trying to accelerate, the engine dies and I drift to the side of the road attempting to Dodge traffic as the car's gas pedal is not responding. Upon pulling over safely, nearly hitting cars along the way I come to stop on the side of the road. The car then no longer starts. Cranking can be heard but engine does not turn over or start. Had it repaired, the reason is a fuel pump failure, fuel pump module failure, and blown fuse on fuel pump. Car is out of warranty and cost to repair is $1,800 and a risk to my safety.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA