2009 BMW 328 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW 328:

2009 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Jul 202015

I had just left home and had been driving for few minutes. Was waiting on top of a small hill at a stop light and started to accelerate when it turned green. That is when the car turned off and started to roll backward down a hill. Had to put on emergency brake and tried to turn on the car but nothing happened. So had to cruise backwards to the side of the road. Power steering was not working and was difficult to steer. After wating 10 minutes tried to restart car again and it turned on. Brought the car in to the BMW dealership and they said they could find anything wrong with the car. Now 4 months later my car is not working at all.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Jun 302015

2009 BMW 328I series X drive not able to reverse out of parking space in parking lot. I had to have my car towed. There a numerous complaints on GM transmissions having this problem and the fix is to replace the transmissions. BMW produced to 3/31/2009, equipped with the 6L45 transmission (ga6L45R), may exhibit a condition of no engagement when selecting forward or reverse ranges.need to do a recall on this issue, transmissions being replace on new car they go out at 100,000 miles or less.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Feb 222010

I own BMW 320D 2009, my problem with the car is exactly the opposite, as my car suddenly accelerate by its self, as I go down from say 75 mph and release the brakes, suddenly the car speeds up again. This is happen to me several times and BMW says this was nothing I was assuming this, after complained and complained, finally an iginuer looked at my car and kept it for a day, but only to say nothing is wrong. It keeps happening and happening and BMW does not react, as I mentioned Toyota in one of my letters to them, they answered me angry with we not Toyota. To this point I keep complaining nd complaining and also use my other car more often.

- Muenster, 00, USA