2009 BMW 328 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 BMW 328:

2009 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Jul 152009

328 6-cyl

Soon after purchasing my 2009 BMW 328I (with a manual transmission), I had the dealer install BMW customized 328I rubber floor mats. The mats have a fitted slot for the gas pedal and anchors to prevent them from moving after installation. Unfortunately, the length of the mat on the driver's side is too short for a vehicle with manual transmission. When you depress and release the clutch, it catches the top edge of the mat and lifts it up, covering the clutch and the brake pedal. When you put your foot back down, you end up stepping on the mat, partially depressing the brake and/or clutch while the car is in gear and moving. I've taken the vehicle back to the dealer several times to have them adjust the installation but they can only move it a few inches because of the gas pedal slot, so the problem wasn't fixed. I don't drive this vehicle very often but last month (9/2012) I finally got fed up and contacted BMW to let them know their rubber mat design has a safety flaw and that I was filing a complaint with NHTSA. They recorded my complaint but said there would be no additional follow-up. So, for safety reasons, I have now removed the driver's mat from the vehicle.

- Amissville, VA, USA