2010 BMW 328 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 BMW 328:

2010 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Jun 092014

328 6-cyl

I was traveling on the pa turnpike near the quakertown exit at 75 mph in the left hand lane when my car shut down and came to a stop in active traffic. As the car was shutting down I had difficulty steering but was able to brake. There were no visible error codes or lights to indicate issue. When attempting to restart the car, the engine would roll but I was unable to move. I called 911 for assistance. I was fortunate that a state farm highway worker stopped to protect me from high speed traffic coming up behind me until I could be safely moved off of the road. The car was towed to West german BMW in fort Washington, pa. Cost for the above service was paid for by BMW under a "warranty extension" as this is a "known issue." I was unaware of this issue as no recall or service notices have been sent by BMW to inspect or repair failing fuel lines. I am filing this complaint because the issues found in my car are exceptionally serious and could have resulted in a major high speed accident. Furthermore these repairs will appear on my carfax and will position my car to other buyers as one with major issues. During inspection and repair process several issue were noted. 1. no faults were stored in the vehicle. 2. upon checking the fuel pressure, none was found @ rail 3. upon removing the fuel tan cover they discovered that a hose popped off inside the tank 4. after reattaching, they were able to restart the car, only to have the hose come off again the next day as it was going through the courtesy car wash 5. after opening the car again, they found that the fuel line that was clamped on "line a" ruptured, full fuel tank and assembly replacement was necessary.

- Rock Hall, MD, USA

Jul 092010

328 6-cyl

I was exiting a freeway and was attempting to pass a slow moving vehicle in front of me. I passed the vehicle and accelerated in order to keep a safe distance between me and the car behind me. Much to my surprise, when I "put the pedal to the metal", I experienced a loss of power. My car completely lost power for about 5 - 8 seconds. The car I had just passed nearly rear-ended me because they did not expect me pass and then reduce my speed. I took my care to the BMW dealer who claimed to have never heard of such a thing. They checks out the car (it was approximately 3 months old) and could not duplicate the problem, I was told to drive more often in sport mode. This has happened two other times over the last 21 months and the dealer has said each time they could not duplicate the problem.

- Playa Del Rey, CA, USA