0.9

2011 BMW 328 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 328:

2011 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Sep 042011

328

Driving down highway auto suddenly stopped running luckily no accident considering heavily travel road auto wouldn't start again had auto towed off road to nearest garage safety hazard.BMW has special warranty for super low emission vehicles 15yrs or 150000 miles this auto fits that description in certain states pa is one of these states if you read the whole warranity not just the first list of states. The auto was registred in pa for 6yrs and in North Carolina one month.bmwna said the auto doesn't qualify they didn T bother to read their whole warrenity and their second excuseis the auto is registryed in North Carolina a none emission state.this is foolish they admit the have a problem with fallity parts that break and creat safety hazards but don't have a recall or even in form the owners of this dangerous situation. The fuel pump and fuel tank have to be replaced. There are lines in side of tank that cause fuel pump to short out as they fall apart and you have to replace the whole tank because how lines are situated. There warrenty says the will honor warrenty first owners and future owners but then the don't delivery on there word

- Leland, NC, USA

Feb 062016

328

Driving at 50 mph car slow down and stall on side of the highway.

- Queens, NY, USA

Jul 092015

328

Today I was almost killed, and caused many other motorist a great deal of panic. Driving in the left lane at about 65-70 mph my 2011 328xi suddenly started to loose power. As I attempted to get across five lanes to the shoulder, I was nearly hit numerous times as drivers around me had brake hard or make rapid moves around me. This is the second time in about three weeks that this occurred. I had my fuel pump replaced under warranty at plaza motors. Today my car was towed there again and I am assuming it is the same problem

- Chesterfield, MO, USA

Sep 222014

328 6-cyl

While driving along at approximately 35mph, my 2011 328I shut off. Due to my given relatively low speed and location (back road) I was able to pull the car safely to the shoulder. Once stopped, I attempted to start the engine. The car would start. Subsequently, the car was towed to the nearest BMW service facility. The BMW repair technician advised an internal fuel link cracked, thus the car had effectively run out of gas. The entire fuel tank and pump had to be replaced. A simple google search for "2011 BMW 328I swollen fuel pump" reveals others have had this issue as well. This is a serious safety concern as the car could have shut off and failed at any time. I could have been travelling at 65mph on the interstate, which may have caused an accident. I want to know if the replacement fuel tank and pump that BMW installed in my car address what is clearly an engineering and design fault, or am I at risk of this happening in the future as well? I've contacted BMW usa but have not received a response as of this submission.

- West Chester , PA, USA