2.7

2011 BMW 328 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 BMW 328:

2011 BMW 328 Owner Comments

May 032015

328

I remember driving home on the interstate and smelling a burning smell. I had the windows open but it didn't seem like it was coming from outside. Later, the car's HVAC blower fan stopped working. During repair, the blower motor resistor and the harness that plugs into it were found to be badly burned. The harness wires for ground and power were missing insulation (burned away) and the copper was badly corroded. The trim panel directly under the affected area has water staining and scorch marks. BMW na refused to pay to fix due to mileage even though car is only 4 years old and is clearly a water intrusion problem (leading to a short circuit and burning) caused by either a design or manufacturing issue

- Erie, PA, USA

Nov 032014

328 6-cyl

I drove from my garage to the highway (about 5 minutes) I entered the highway and gained speed up to about 55 mph, I was on the highway for about one or two minutes when I heard a loud explosion and the sunroof in my car had blown out. There was not traffic in my local highway since it was about 1:30pm cst. The sliding cover in the sunroof was open to let light in and I was showered with broken glass, I pulled over and exited the highway, stopped looked at the damage and it looks like if the sunroof had explode out, like caused by inside pressure blowing it out. I was lucky no else was with me or the highway had more traffic or I could have had a serious accident. I contacted BMW but they deny that there are any defects with the sunroof, they say it was most likely a rock. There are no object inside my car and rocks travel sideways not come from the top. Please, please have this investigated, besides the cost is the higher chance of a serious accident.

- Katy, TX, USA

Nov 012013

328

The contact owns a 2011 BMW 328I. The contact noticed a constant chemical odor inside the vehicle. The dealer cleaned the vehicle and stated that the odor originated from an unknown source inside the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 33,000.

- Dallas, TX, USA