2012 BMW 328 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 BMW 328:

2012 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Apr 012013

328 4-cyl

April 2013, a warning signal on my vehicle notified me there was a need for coolant. I scheduled maintenance for 4/18/13. I informed them of the coolant warning and also inquired about recall notices. On 4/19/13, I called weber BMW myself to check the status, louie informed me there were 3 recall notices on my car that were apparent and needed to be repaired, and that they would need to hold my car until Monday 4/22/13.I picked up my car on 4/23/13 and louie informed me all the recalls were fixed and my car was good to take home. On 4/24/13, the coolant warning signaled again. That evening, my car began to exert even more issues than before! first the coolant warning, then warning telling me to drive moderately, then pull over immediately engine overheating. I pulled the car over, stopped the engine allowing it to cool down, and starting it back up, the car would not go over 17 mph. I contacted weber BMW for another service scheduled for 4/30/13. A representative from weber BMW contacted me on 4/29/13 and informed me louie advised I casually stop by to top off my coolant, Ł and that should resolve my problems. I found this resolution skeptical, lazy, and knew it would not be adequate to resolve the issues with my car. I stopped by weber on 4/29/13 and the service adviser attempted to ┐top off my coolant, when we both noticed the coolant spilling out of the other side of the engine (I emphasize spilling and not leaking). I was advised not to drive the vehicle. Louie called me on 4/30/13 to reported a hole in the part that was replaced per the recall causing the coolant to spill out. He let me know that the car would be ready next day 5/1/13 for pick up. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle any longer. I purchased this car 4/10/12, and it began showing issues of poor manufacturing just shy of a year, I only have 14,000miles on the vehicle.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Oct 122012

Passenger side air bag disengages if passenger sits on any type cushion. Passenger side air bag disengaged light is on if passenger is in the passenger seat sitting on any type of cushion or padding. The air bag can disengage if passenger wears a padded winter coat. This BMW 328I originally was delivered with the air bag engaged with or without a passenger in the passenger seat, the passenger side air bag disabled light was always off and the air bag was engaged. BMW will not restore to the original delivered condition. The passenger sitting on any cushion or padding is in danger of injury because of a disengaged passenger air bag. This was not the original delivered condition....updated11/21/12

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Apr 262012

328 4-cyl

When I purchased 328I someone accidentally pull up the driver-side headrest from down position. But I am short and my head is protected when the headrest(constraint) is in original down position. I wanted it to be put down in original position. No one including service dept technician could do it. And during the process they pull the passenger side headrest up too. Now both sides could not be put down (by the way both could not be pulled out neither), even though manual said they could be put down and out too. And I called BMW North America customer service and they don't have any answer nor related information. I'm concerned since it could be a safety issue to me. May I ask your help if it can be researched why they can not be put down in original position" I hope it's not a defect problem, is it"

- Temecula, CA, USA