2014 BMW 328 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 BMW 328:

2014 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Oct 302015

My 2014 BMW 328I was rear-ended on a freeway ramp during rush hour (around 5pm Oct. 30, 2015). The traffic was stop and go. My car was still when the car behind hit. The impact to my rear bumper caused the seat belt to lock down. The seat belt held me very tight (almost strangled) me and would not eject nor release. After more than 5 mins, I was able to pulled it out while holding the eject button. On top of the seat belt lock-down, my car would not re-start. The system gave a "chassis stability" warning and would not respond to shifting gear or any operations. I could not move the car out of traffic to the shoulder. The car eventually was towed off the freeway ramp. Fortunately, all vehicles were moving slow due to the rush hour. Otherwise, either of the situation (locked down seat belt or the stalled vehicle with a bumper impact) would have killed me on the free way.

- San Diego, CA, USA