2015 BMW 328 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 BMW 328:

2015 BMW 328 Owner Comments

Apr 212015

328 4-cyl

Second episode with this 2015 BMW 328xi after the brakes failed in the first reported episode with sport mode. On Tuesday April 21 in the afternoon my wife was driving on winters ave. In paramus NJ in eco mode, having decided to never touch the defective sport mode button again. She was driving normally, then out of the blue while pressing on the gas pedal, the car suddenly doesn't want to go and cars behind started beeping and then the car starts swerving and lights up the orange symbol of swerving on dashboard. She went into a parking lot while still swerving and called me. She parked and tried to shut car off to let it reset. She restarted it and it continued to have the same problem in the parking lot. So we called aaa who towed the car home and we called BMW dealer. Next am Wednesday April 22 BMW dealer sent tow and took my wife and the car to the dealership garage. The car has been there for a month and is still there. They need to cancel and let us out of the lease of this vehicle and refund our down payment.

- Fair Lawn, NJ, USA

Apr 132015

This is a loaner dealer car with an automatic transmission. I was exiting a state highway, turning right onto the exit ramp to slow at a traffic signal, and applied the brake pedal with my right foot. I slowed from 45 mph to about 10 mph, with my right foot on the brake pedal. The engine revved and raced up to about 6500 RPM as I held my right foot on the brake pedal. With much braking force, I did get the car to slow and stop. I then pressed the park button and hit the stop button to kill the engine. After a few moments, I then re-started the car and pulled over to the curb. I did return the loaner car to the dealership. To be absolutely clear, I have been driving for 30+ yrs, and I was not racing, speeding, drunk, nor driving with both feet. Something made the engine race very high, and I was lucky not to plow into the cars in front of me. I hope this can be investigated and resolved so no one gets hurt. Thank you

- Lakeville, MA, USA