2001 BMW 330 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 330:

2001 BMW 330 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Apr 152015

330

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V613000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 152014

330

Takata recall received notice of the safety recall for passenger's frontal air bag. Excessive internal pressure could cause rupturing of the inflator resulting in metal fragments striking and potentially seriously injuring the passenger seat occupant other occupants. I have called coggin's BMW, ft pierce, fl six times since then, and have been told "they are still awaiting air bag". going on two years, and have not gotten any satisfaction.

- Stuart, FL, USA

Jan 062016

330

Was driving on hwy 99 getting ready to exit on jensen ave when I felt a bump then my driver curtain/ door airbag deployed. After further inspection I found damaged to the diver's rim and tire, brakes have been clicking ever since and suspension seems to be affected as well since car is been shaking and tilting to that side

- Fresno, CA, USA

Nov 022015

330 6-cyl

2001 BMW 330. Consumer writes in regards to airbag recall. The consumer stated she rear ended another vehicle. However, there was no force to warrant the air bags deploying. The force of the air bags deploying was so forceful, he back was broken.

- Arvada, CO, USA

Jun 012015

330

Recalled passenger air bag was replaced by dealer last week, but the dashboard light indicates the passenger air bag is turned off. The dealer says this was an existing problem and refuses to fix without charging several hundred dollars to "diagnose." I maintain this is directly elated to the recalled air bag and should be fixed without charge.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

May 222015

330

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Jacksonville, AR, USA

May 172015

330

I was driving down the road and out of no where the air bags go off. Engine immediately shut off and won't start again.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Apr 202015

330

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 330I. While driving approximately 30 mph, the driver side curtain and the door air bags inadvertently deployed. There were no injuries. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Philadephia, PA, USA

Sep 152014

330

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 330ci. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) and indicated that the dealer was unable to determine when the part would become available. The manufacturer was also contacted and was unable to determine when the part would become available to schedule the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Marcos, CA, USA

Sep 302014

330 6-cyl

We have been waiting for over 6months since the recall letter was received. The dealer has a waiting list of over 300 cars, and has not even started doing the work required for this recall. I am not complaining about the dealer as BMW usa has not started shipping the parts. What is being done to get this issue resolved??

- Denver, CO, USA

Sep 152014

330

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Naperville, IL, USA

Jan 282015

330

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 330I. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Jan 082015

330

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 330I. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) however, the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to remedy the recall. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Chino, CA, USA

Sep 122014

330 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 330I. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 03/30/15.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Sep 012014

330

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 330I. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated that the part needed was on back order nationwide and declined to provide an estimated timeframe for repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced the failure.

- Cape Coral , FL, USA

Nov 102014

330

Dealer refuses to fix defect in regards to airbag recall notice. The dealer is weatherford BMW in berkeley California, 735 ashby ave, berkeley, ca 94710.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Sep 252014

330

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 330ci. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V428000 (air bags). However, the part needed was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall part. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Safety Harbor, FL, USA

Oct 242014

330 6-cyl

I received a safety recall letter Aug-Sep 2014. The letter stated that I would be notified when the air-bag replacement would be available. It is October 24th. I called the BMW information number 1-800-525-7417 today. A recording repeated the information in the letter: That I would be notified when the replacement airbag would be available. I have only one car, the BMW. My daughter and I live together - I am the usual driver. Yesterday a car pulled out in front of us and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid a collision. Luckily, the air bags were not triggered. But I am concerned about our safety, shouldn't BMW provide us with a replacement vehicle until the air bag can be replaced" thank you for your assistance"

- Red Hook, NY, USA

Jul 272014

330

The contact owns a 2001 BMW 330I. While driving 30 mph, the driver side air bags inadvertently deployed and the air bag indicator illuminated. There were no injuries. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 110,000.

- Seattle , WA, USA

May 162014

330 6-cyl

On Friday, May 16th, 2014, while driving alone approx 40 mph on a city street, I hit a pothole on the right side of the road. I immediately heard a loud noise when my wheel hit the pothole and at the same time an extremely loud 'pop'. the door side airbag hit my arm and the plastic covering from the curtain airbag above the driver's side window hit the side of my face but I was not injured. I smelled a 'smokey' smell and my car immediately shut itself off. I have hit potholes on rare occasions when I can't avoid them, but I would never have expected my airbag to deploy. This is a safety concern, and a costly one for the consumer, because I was not in an collision and the impact of the pothole should not have caused my airbags to deploy.

- Chicago, IL, USA