2001 BMW 330 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 BMW 330:

2001 BMW 330 Owner Comments

May 132002

Consumer states there is possible design flaw with the rims or continential tires, due to tires deflating at high speeds.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Dec 282001

At around 5:30pm at the stop light of the bruckner blvd 138th St exit. I step on the gas...and at aroung 25 yards ran over a pot hole puncturing the right front tire, also the deploying the ride side and passenger head airbags.

- Bronxville, NY, USA

Jan 102001

330 4WD

I previously reported this. See file # 748060- I have never rec'd any response or acknowledgement. I experienced 2 flat tires simutaneously at high speed with no previous warning or indication of anything improper, etc. I only had 4400 miles on this vehicle and find hard to believe that this could occur. After replacing at my expense, since my dealer informed me that anything could happen to tires and that they weren't responsible, I learned of NHTSA recall # 00V383. (please refer to the specifics of this recall before proceeding). I took delivery of my car in Nov. 2000, therefore it was en route by sea in Oct. 2000 and manufactured in Sept. 2000. After notifying my dealer, they said they had "checked my VIN number and determined that my car wass not affected. I find this hard to believe and do not know how to verify except by asking you to investigate. BMW usa was contacted via E-mail and provided no answers, explanations, or verification of their claim. Please investigate this and provide me with some kind of explanation as to whether this was some freak coincidence that BMW is not responsible for or that they should replace my wheels, etc. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter. (dot number: 00V383 tiresize: 17)

- Lombard, IL, USA

Jul 132001

While traveling at approximately 45 to 50 mph vehicle went over a pothole that caused right front tire to blowout. However, drivers side door airbag and passenger's side airbag deployed. Please provide any additional information/attachments.

- Bronxville, NY, USA

Jul 092001

Tires are losing pressure. There is recall oov303000O for same probelm, but consumer's vehicle is not included. After taking vehicle into dealer tires went flat. Dealer was blaming consumer for that problem. But, consumer knew that tires were not like when he took them in. Dealer claimed three out of four tires had punctures in them and needed repair, the tires were plugged, consumer states tires are still losing pressure, consumer has replaced tires at his expense and states the tires still lose air even though they have been taken off the vehicle, Michelin Pilot sport, P245/40R17 and P225/45R17, dot number F36C.

- Miami, FL, USA

Feb 012001

Tires are low profile and cause bubbles to appear on tires which can lead to a blowout. Dealer notified, and vehicle at dealer shop for inspection. Feel free to provide any further details on this matter.

- Belle Habor, NY, USA