1. replace control unit (1 reports)
2002 BMW 330 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW 330:

2002 BMW 330 Owner Comments

Jul 152014

330 3.0L I6

My car experienced the trifecta of warning lights (DSC, hand brake, ABS) all coming on at the same time. Code scan indicated that the DSC control unit was defective. This part costs about $2000 if ordered online, and over $3000 at the dealership, plus labor. I am the original owner, and my BMW 2002 330i only has a little over 74000 gently driven miles on it, so it is frustrating that a part this expensive could already go bad. This car only has a trade in value of about $5000, so I am not sure if it is worth the astronomically high cost of fixing it. The problem with this control unit, from what I have heard, is poor design prone to failure, so a new unit may end up also failing at some point in the future. The same part is used in some Volvos, and they are also having the same problem.

- , Honolulu, HI, USA