1. replaced it with a new power steering pump (1 reports)
2002 BMW 330 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 BMW 330:

2002 BMW 330 Owner Comments

Apr 112008

330 Ci 3.0L Inline 6

One day I was exiting off of the Sam Houston Tollway to the Frontage road to get on to 59 South in Southwest Houston. I was about to take a turn onto the back road. Little did I know that my power steering pump had failed and I almost hit a pedestrian. I had to use both arms to turn the steering wheel. I didn't end up going to my destination. Instead, I carefully drove back home (30 mile drive) hoping that I don't have to make abrupt turns. I had to use both arms to turn the steering wheels at intersections with all my might.

Of course, the maintenance had just expired a couple of months before so I was out of warranty. I didn't have to money to get it repaired. What I'm saying is not a lie...I prayed to God for a miracle. The day after next, the car was perfectly fine. The mechanic confirmed it too.

However, as months passed by, I could start to hear and feel a wheezing as I turned the car. It was very loud. It was as if I didn't have any PS fluid but the reservoir was full. Finally, I decided to dish out the money and get it replaced. It's been fine ever since.

- , Austin, TX, USA